Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work at this small mechanics shop in hattiesburg ms and today we were just chillin at the shop and in rolls this vette... its nice and silver with some 345 goodrich tires on the back i was like hmmm. i thought about callin him out in my 13 sec gt until we got it up on the lift and i started talkin to him... all he wanted done was an exhaust hanger welded up. well come to find out its a damn 1000rwhp Corvette Lingenfelter..... he took the badges off of it so it would look like a regular z06... i was like WTF! it has a 3tune chip... first tune i think was 500. second tune was 780 and the third tune was 980.. all of these tunes are pump gas... it was twin turboed but it was sweet cuz the turbos were under the car and when it was cranked you couldn't hear them until almost full throttle... it ran a 10.8 yesterday on the 780 tune...

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
he does need the driver because a c6 z06 can run those times with just drag radials. but i can understand it might be hard catching traction with that much power.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol. yeah it needs a driver.. his son drove it and he used to drivin his awd twin turbo porsche so i think he might need some practice at launchin wit the vette... and its an 01

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
i hate corvettes, regardless if they can smoke my car, i still dont like them.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
i ENVY corvettes, regardless if they can smoke my car, i still ENVY them.
there, fixed.

you drive a ****in mustang GT and you dont like vette's... you got problems dude.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
I personally love the older vettes and some of the newer ones too. I just don't like some of the people that drive Vettes. Have to say though one of the highlights in my life was smoking this kid I went to school with in his daddy's vette. Guess you can have all of the horsepower and suspension work you want, but if you can't drive it doesn't mean ****. I'm not what you would call a great driver by any means, but he was probably the worst. LOL!

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
I work at this small mechanics shop in hattiesburg ms and today we were just chillin at the shop and in rolls this vette... its nice and silver with some 345 goodrich tires on the back i was like hmmm. i thought about callin him out in my 13 sec gt until we got it up on the lift and i started talkin to him... all he wanted done was an exhaust hanger welded up. well come to find out its a damn 1000rwhp Corvette Lingenfelter..... he took the badges off of it so it would look like a regular z06... i was like WTF! it has a 3tune chip... first tune i think was 500. second tune was 780 and the third tune was 980.. all of these tunes are pump gas... it was twin turboed but it was sweet cuz the turbos were under the car and when it was cranked you couldn't hear them until almost full throttle... it ran a 10.8 yesterday on the 780 tune...
lol even if his car was bone stock it would have killed you!! never try to race a corvette with a mid 13 second GT. ESPECIALLY a zo6!

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
there, fixed.

you drive a ****in mustang GT and you dont like vette's... you got problems dude.
no, i hate vettes..its personal choice. i dont envy them, i HATE them. thats all there is to it.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
this was the coolest old guy ever though.. he was about 60 or so... i told him what i ran and he said i would probably eat him up from a red light. which i probably would cuz he not gettin any traction and ill leave at 3500 on the street. lol. he gonna come hang out with us friday night where all us car guys chill. lol

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
What would a '00 convert. 6spd run in the 1/4? That was what that kid's dad owned. It was all stock except for exhaust.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i dunno but some people up there said they runnin low 11s high 10s stock and i think they crazy... they just a ls1 right? i mean termies run with or outrun them and termies only run 12s from what i have seen.. well.. stock ones anyways

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
this was the coolest old guy ever though.. he was about 60 or so... i told him what i ran and he said i would probably eat him up from a red light. which i probably would cuz he not gettin any traction and ill leave at 3500 on the street. lol. he gonna come hang out with us friday night where all us car guys chill. lol
thats cool man, yeah my car gets off the line a little better than my dad's vette does but with those 345's it might be a little different. your story reminds me of a time i went to spokane for a trapshooting competition. there was an 81 year old guy there with an 06 zo6, and he raced it weekly. he said he takes his car up to 185 on the straight stretch!! crazy!

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
rk.... you a chevy man... you think i could outrun a stock to mildy bolt on ls1 with a consistant 12.9-13.0?

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
yeah, stock LS1, with Corsa exhaust. It probably would have handed me my ass if he could drive. I had only a 4.10, diablo, flows, and a CAI on my Mach he probably had 75- 100 hp on me. Not to mention his stock suspension is better , he had bigger tires than me. He should been able to rape me.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts