Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The previous owner of my car had it painted at Maaco. So of course it is flaking everywhere and my passenger fender pretty much consists of nothing but touch-up paint. Someone backed into me in a parking lot today and left a nice white blob on my front bumper, so its time to get it repainted. Theres no way Im taking it back to Maaco just to have the paint flake back off in a year. So whats an average cost of a decent paint job. My car is black and need no body work just repainted.:cool:

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
I heard they do usually run about 3-3.5k... I have a friend that had his prelude repainted for 2.2k... Pretty good job... It was a side job for some guy that happened to work at an auto body shop...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe Ill end up going the Maaco route then :( I dont really feel like dropping more than 1k on paint. I have no dents or scratches so there wouldnt be much body work. I dont intend on keeping the car forever so maybe Maaco is the best bet. They told me they would do the whole car for $550 and a 2 year warranty.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
^^ fail. /thread.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Maybe Ill end up going the Maaco route then :( I dont really feel like dropping more than 1k on paint. I have no dents or scratches so there wouldnt be much body work. I dont intend on keeping the car forever so maybe Maaco is the best bet. They told me they would do the whole car for $550 and a 2 year warranty.
Well with tha warranty that dont sound to bad of a deal...make sure to go to a dealer or somthing to have some a clear bra put on. its worth it. well idk if it is on a 550$ paint job

·
Buy American or GTFO
515 Posts
You get what you pay for.... Don't cover up a Maaco paint job with another Maaco paint job!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts