Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the normal/average cost for new gears and t-lok installed? I already own the two parts.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one? I don't want to pay some crazy amount when I get it done.

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
Completely depends on your area and where you go.

Typical labor is $45-$150 an hour depending.

If you live in So Cal and go to a legit Performance shop $500 easy.

I'd say $300 is alright.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Yeah I agree, around $300. Not something that you want to skimp on either. If it's not done correctly they will whine

·
Registered
597 Posts
$250-350 is the average, also will need the shim kit to avoid whine

·
Registered
23 Posts
You might as well get the master bearing kit to before you install your tlock and gears. Its like 70 bucks at american muscle. I got mine done for 250 and watch the guy do it. Didnt seem that hard just took alittle time. But yea 250-400 is what your looking at

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did end up buying the bearing kit with my gears. I just found this on the am website on the gear page; "Technical Note. Installation costs will vary, but a good rule of thumb is between $250 and $300. Be sure to work with a reliable shop that you trust for installations."

·
Registered
584 Posts
I did end up buying the bearing kit with my gears. I just found this on the am website on the gear page; "Technical Note. Installation costs will vary, but a good rule of thumb is between $250 and $300. Be sure to work with a reliable shop that you trust for installations."
See some of us know what we're talking about :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can not find a place to get this done at all. I have been looking since I have picked the pieces up. The lowest quote I have gotten so far has been around 400 and the last one was 450. I try my hardest not to laugh at these people but I am so weak and it just comes out.

If anyone wants to throw me a hint, I live in south east michigan. There used to be a speed shop down in ohio but I am thinking they closed down now.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ford was the last place I asked, 450 to start.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts