Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a prepared 302 blocked bored to 306 is great shape, what would the cost be to build a 331 stroker? all work done ourselved but what would it cost? I am looking for a low to mid 300 rwhp build.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Problem lies in the final bore size that 306 was honed to? Do you know this figure. If its 4.030 thats a problem.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
.. whats the problem? it just got bored to a 306 im not sure about that figure.. But does a 331 serve as a good daily driver? at all? does it burn any oil?

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
.. whats the problem? it just got bored to a 306 im not sure about that figure.. But does a 331 serve as a good daily driver? at all? does it burn any oil?

noooooo it doesnt burn oil, neither does a 347, if your gona spend the money on a stroker kit why arent you going with a 347??

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
noooooo it doesnt burn oil, neither does a 347, if your gona spend the money on a stroker kit why arent you going with a 347??
I hyeard the 347 burns major oil (unless i beleive it was darrel was kidding) and pushes the limits too much. If it sounds like im not capable of doing the work its because im not its my brother helping me. But yeah let me know. Id get a 347 if its just as fine.

·
Registered
559 Posts
you need to know the finish bore size of what you have. For example a probe 4.030 piston measures 4.028 at the skirt so if your cylinder is finished at 4.030 that leaves you only .002 piston to cylinder clearance. Thats a great recipe for killing a piston in a few hundred miles.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
I hyeard the 347 burns major oil (unless i beleive it was darrel was kidding) and pushes the limits too much. If it sounds like im not capable of doing the work its because im not its my brother helping me. But yeah let me know. Id get a 347 if its just as fine.
that is blasphemy how dare u slander darrell's good name with those putrid words...lol if u feel confidant enough in assymboling the short block checking the PTV clearence and degreeing the cam then go for it... make sure u have a machine shop balence the rotating assymboly..

·
Registered
698 Posts
Most stroker assemblies are sold un-balanced. A proper balance job is done using the front dampner and flexplate / flywheel that you are using. I have purchased one 327 assembly that I had balanced by the supplier and didn't have any problems, in fact I still run it and it's got 5 years of not so kind use on it. You need at least your pistons to send with the block for the finish hone and how much extra your machine shop clearances the piston bore depends on what you going to do with the engine as well as what material the pistons are made of. A good machine shop that knows race engines is invaluable. Saves thousands of $$$$$$ in the long run.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts

he was kidding negrodamus

1 - 15 of 15 Posts