Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone, how much have you paid to have your torque arm installed? I'll be getting a panhard bar soon which I think I can do by myself, but the TA looks pretty involved and maybe beyond my abilities. Or if anyone from the Western NY/Northern PA or even Ohio area knows a good place to go, let me know. Thanks.

·
:)
11,583 Posts
My old stang mechanic said he'd charge $75 to install a TA, said it was real easy.

I think he might have said $75 for the PHB and TA together, can't remember, that was over a year ago. It was $75 for sure though. I'd expect you to get a higher quote because this guy charged less for everything.

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No way. I thought'd it be a couple hundred for each. ****, if I can have it done for that much, I'd be happier than a partridge in a pear tree.

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Honestly, I wouldn't know where to go. I've done all my work myself so far. If he says installing it is easy, maybe I can do it. But from looking at the directions on MM's website, it looks like a pita.

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
hahahahaha^^^^ partridge in a pear tree. :lmao *dead*

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
TA is something you should have a shop install, PHB on the other hand, doesnt look so bad.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
My shop would charge around $100. But as Jakashh stated they are my local shop and I don't get everyday prices.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I use them for that exact reason, everything I or my neighbor doesn't have the tools for. I bought the car, told them I was doing this this and this and they said we have a guy for all of that. Mostly tires (drifting and auto x) and alignment. Until I buy more parts etc. You should be able to do the same with any local performance shop, given they are not dickheads.

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am really limited by me. Theres a bunch of scattered muffler shops, a couple collision shops, and maybe a paint shop. Theres no real ""performance" shops. (this is at my house, 45 min S of Buffalo) I'd have to travel up to the city to find a decent place and from not living there, I wouldn't know where to start.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts