Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I ended up installing it myself but I shopped around dfw and got three quotes. basic zex wet kit, purge, bottle heater, zex window switch, autometer nitrous pressure gauge all wired up to speed of sound console switch panel :
HPP:$750
Dallas Mustang:$900
Lonestar Performance:$575

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
Not even worth paying someone. It's simple as hell to install a nitrous kit. Just take your time and save some money.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i going to professionally install it with extra add on just basic nitous kit is 1 grand a resonable price to get and install

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
you can install it yourself for zero dollars and zero cents in a saturday afternoon. its really easy. the junkiest part is running the feed line from the bottle to the front but even that isnt real hard.

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
i going to professionally install it with extra add on just basic nitous kit is 1 grand a resonable price to get and install
I hate to sound like a smartass but if you can't install a nitrous kit then you shouldn't be modifying a car. With all the info available on the internet you can find detailed pictures showing where each wire goes. This is something anyone can do. The hardest part of doing this install is deciding where you wanna mount everything.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
oh alright ill check up on installing myself then
Please do that. It would be a serious waste of money not to do it yourself. I am even pretty sure some people here have a few pictures from when they did it.

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
Search "Zex nitrous install" on youtube. Theirs a couple videos on their showing how to install everything.

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
its a ZEX kit..so it has 3 wires to hook up on a BASIC kit. one gets hooked up to a 12v switched power source, one is a ground and the other splices into the middle wire on your throttle positioning sensor. other than that, you will need to put a hole in your intake tube to mount the nozzle, then run all the lines. ZEX has everything marked on the purple box where it goes (fuel in/fuel out and nitrous in/nitrous out) aside from that, the fittings are different sizes so there is no way to mess that up. your fuel supply comes from your shrader valve on the fuel rail. unscrew that and there is an adapter that threads in there. like i said, i think the worst part was running the line from the trunk to the front. i pulled my plastic sill plate off the drivers side, pulled the carpet back and ran mine right under there, up and out the firewall.

there is TONS of help here on this forum and on the internet in general if you run into problems

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
If you don't feel you have the mechanical ability and tools required to install the kit then get someone to install it for you.

The tools required are basic hand tools and you will need a drill as well.

It helps to join a Mustang club in your local area, that way you can make friends with some knowledgeable people who would be willing to help you.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
I ended up installing it myself but I shopped around dfw and got three quotes. basic zex wet kit, purge, bottle heater, zex window switch, autometer nitrous pressure gauge all wired up to speed of sound console switch panel :
HPP:$750
Dallas Mustang:$900
Lonestar Performance:$575
Those are some insane prices! You could get cams and springs done for $900. Average around here is $350 for a nitrous kit.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts