Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
spent all day putting my tranny back in and hooking everything up then finally took it for a ride.. the only thing is i need to re adjust the shifter cable.
i was on my way back home i got on it a little and i noticed my cowl glowing quite brightly... pulled over cut the power switch off opened the hood and my header was on fire.. i once again (noth the first time) forgot to put the dipstick in and it was spraying all over the header under acceleration. and the header wrap soaks it up real good and it caught on fire...

luckley nothing got damaged except my pride:confused:

time for a fire extenguisher.

·
Premium Member
10,592 Posts
At least it's not as bad as my buddy who forgot to put the cap back on the fill location after the oil change. I still give him **** for that.

·
The Big Spoon
3,214 Posts
yeah man - been there before.... time to put a little sign in the car that says "check the dip stick dipstick!"

I haven't roasted anything on the stang yet but i did spill oil on hot exhaust before and was amazed at how fast it went up.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Not the safest thing but I always have an extinguisher on the floor behind my seat. I'm paranoid after my stock 2g alt wiring went up in smoke.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Glad to hear nothing got damaged. That car is just too beautiful!

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
:lmao goddam it dude, oh we're goin to dave and busters tonight for my friends bday

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Damn sounds like you dodged a bullet there.glad to hear it wasnt serious

1 - 10 of 10 Posts