Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Faster than my X
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just put on some new struts and properly install the cc plates.im running tubular k with arms and coil overs , cc plates.could I possibly get a alignment with used tires?

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
Yes if the tires are in good shape why not?

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Tires have nothing to do with performing an alignment, it is the wheels that are being aligned...

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Tires have nothing to do with performing an alignment, it is the wheels that are being aligned...
Most shops will not align a car with bad tires, they say it messes with the alignment and is not safe.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Of course you can get an alignment as long as your suspension is on par. Tires have nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Depending on the wear of the tires, they can cause a pull left or right with a dead accurate alignment. Most honest shops won't align it because it is like putting a band aid on the problem. When you finally get new tires you will need another alignment to fix what the last alignment had with bad tires.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
The shops' position is 25% CYA, and 75% that they sell tires. Unless the tires are toast and should be replaced anyway, there is no reason an alignment cannot be performed with "used tires".

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Tires can make a difference for how a car drives, you can get a pull from bad tires, but the machine aligns the from the wheels not tires so you can still get a proper alignment with bad tires, and it still won't drive right. So yea they do cover there ass there cuz it make it look like they did it wrong when its tires. That's not a normal case though, your tires have to be really bad lol.
On the other hand if you don't your gonna wear your tires quicker since everything will be off from changing. Best bet is always get an alignment after work like that.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
If I could post phone pics on here I'd show you something that would make you never go with out an aligned vehicle ever again, my front tire was brand new and with like 75% tread and the tread separated from the rest of the tire, lucky I was already close to home from my trip to Fortworth!! I had been driving for like 6 ****ing hours and was almost back!

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Sure you can, but if they are really worn you will feel the alignment being off once you put new tires on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts