Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry this sound kind of like a nube question but can someone explain nitrous. like how it works, how its used,is it expensive to refill or get installed, what wet vs dry or 100 vs 200 shot. and how u activate it like in a button you push or is it activated in the gas pettle or what?
thanks

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
you dont want that stuff bro all motor or die

·
Registered
891 Posts
As for how it works, it's simple. Each molecule of NO2 has 2 atoms of oxygen. So putting it in your engine, along with your regular intake air increase the amount of oxygen available to burn. Doing this allows you to add more fuel, making a bigger bang. Pretty much a supercharger in a bottle. As for the other stuff, I got nothing, sorry.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
breaks down fuel molecules further than straight air does

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
At a certain temperature the nitrogen molecules split from the oxygen molecules letting the oxygen feed the fuel and the nitrogen to buffer it or something..... That's all I remember reading about it.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
There's cheap, and then there's nitrous done right. I haven't run mine on the bottle yet, but this is what I have from all the info I read up on.

I have the Trickflow nitrous plate kit. Better than a single nozzle, but not quite as good as a fogger. The plate mounts between my upper and lower intake and sprays nitrous and fuel to each individual runner off one main jet for each. I have a fuel pressure cut off switch that will drop the solenoids in case fuel pressure drops too low. This is a must so you don't go lean and kaboom in case your run low on fuel. I'm using a Msd Digital 6 box that will pull timing when the nitrous is activated. You can manually pull timing when you plan to spray, but I didn't wanna be setting my timing all the time. Not a necessity, but a nice feature to have. I'm going to be spraying just 100, so I'm going with just one step colder plugs. I'm running a bottle heater with a pressure switch. You want to keep the nitrous at a consistant pressure to keep from going lean/rich due to differences in bottle pressure/temperature. A nano system is even better, and if I like spray that much, I will spend the coin on one of those. A nano system uses nitrogen to keep the pressure at a constant. A purge solenoid will allow you to bleed off any excess pressure to avoid starting lean when you spray, as well as clear any air from the line when you change bottles to avoid being rich for that brief moment. Upgraded fuel pump is a must as well. That's about it, but there are other accessories that can make life simpler as well, such as a remote bottle opener and remote pressure gauges that allow you keep tabs on the bottle pressure from the cockpit, which I have as well. I also bought the switch panel from Nitrous Outlet that allows me to control everything from the ashtray location. I have way more than 5-600 in my setup, but I really don't wanna blow it up, so I did about everything I could to cut down on that.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
nitrous makes you ruin your car by twisting the **** out of it? Surprised your doors still close

·
Registered
388 Posts
nitrous makes you ruin your car by twisting the **** out of it? Surprised your doors still close

the hell you talking about?? troll?

And back tot he topic, I've been told that Nitrous does what others have said, plus it makes the air going into your engine colder/denser, therefore you get more oxygen into your engine, therefore giving it more power.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
Im trolling? Did you watch the vids he posted or will your dial up not let you? nucka check yoself

1 - 20 of 23 Posts