Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello my old combo with the Magncharger pullied for (9.2 lbs) made 403 on a Mustang dyno and 442 on a Dynojet. I have since went with Livernois Motorsports Stage 2 heads and Comp Cams 127350 cams. I do not know if the torque convertor will help went from a PTC .. to a Hughes Performance billet. I also while it was down went with a Melling billet oil pump and Trick Flow cam followers; which dont think its going to help out in the horsepower production.. The reason I am asking is my new turner street tunes.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
I didn't know anyone but Jesel made cam followers for our cars. Interesting note for the future.

I'm guessing north of 500 on a dyno jet with some headers.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for response.. I have 1 3/4 Dynatech LT's.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
What size pulley did you have on there on the old 442hp set up?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stock was a 3.3 inch pulley ; which gave me around 6.5 lbs . I then went to a 2.90 and that had me seeing right around 8.5 lbs.. I am now at a 2.80 pulley and right at 9.2 lbs... the 442 setuip was with the 2.80 inch pulley.. I also upgraded my stock Magnacharger intake to a Tuneable Inductions CAI and a GT500 TB on the 442 setuip..

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
That doesn't seem like a lot of boost for the pulley you are running. What size/displacement is the Magnacharger?
I'm going to have to give you a new guess here as I thought you were swapping pulleys with the new build. I'm guessing you will loose a pound of boost and gain about 50 hp which should put you right around that 500 hp mark.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Magnacharger is based on a 112 Eaton. Innovators West makes a 2.56 pulley , but anything smaller than what I have, the front of the blower snout has to be machined down.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not too raise the thread from the dead, but the tuner called a couple of days ago and said my stock mass air is pegged at 4.92 and maximum is 5.00. I ended up having to go with a SCT BA 5000 to give me more range on the meter....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well tuner just called me and the car layed down 478 on a Mustang dyno... Kinda excited get to pick it up tommrow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts