Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
COBRA BUMPER QUESTIONS***

Edit: If a mod sees this, can they edit the title and add Bumper in between cobra and questions?

I've searched up a bunch of old threads on this stuff and just had a couple questions on things I couldn't really find out.

1) does anyone know the size of (1) the 2 screws that screw into the bumper from the bezel and (2) the 4 screws that screw the fog lights into the bezel/bumper?

2) I've read some different ways that people adjusted the bumper to make the hood and bumper fit, but could never find any pictures or a write up. Specifically, i've read Willy Mo said he had a write up but I could never find it. I was wondering if anyone had any pictures of what they did and how they did it?

Picking up new hood on Thursday and Fedex says the bumper is scheduled to arrive Thursday, what timing :) :bubba:

Thanks for any help!

Edit: If a mod sees this, can they edit the title and add Bumper in between cobra and questions?

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
The screws are a coarse pitch/thread.... doesn't really matter what thread as it is foing into plastic. You want the screw slightly larger than the hole it's going into.

As far as the installation..... if you are using a Cobra hood attach the bumper just as it belongs. If using a GT hood you'll need to trim the header panel and drill new holes where the uprights mount. The uprights, as I call them, are the two pieces that follow the inside edge of the headlights and outside edge of the grille opening. If you don't trim about 3/8" of an inch and drill new holes farther back the leading edge of the hood will contact the uprights and remove the paint almost instantly.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I heard the screws were 7mm and 8mm but im not really sure.

Yeah the hood is a steeda cowl hood which is supposed to be just like the stock one.

Thanks for the help! happen to have any pics of where you drilled the holes?

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
I don't.... there's a thread on here somewhere. I remember seeing one awhile back, can't remember who or where. lemme google a little bit

Doesn't really tell you much but under where the two push clips go through the bumper is the header panel. There's one hole on each side there. Trim the header off just at the rear part of the holes. Then push the bumper's uprights back as far as you can, mark the new locations and drill new holes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts