Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been wanting to change out my JLT CAI to a C&L and was wondering if anyone knows if I were to just purchase the pipe if I could use the filter and MAF mount from my JLT and just throw it onto the C&L or would I just have to buy the whole kit?

Also, my MAC ceramic LT's have been developing a rust issue as Ive had them for a number of years now so I was wondering if this is something that I can just get blasted off and the get them recoated or should I just go ahead and order some new ones? And if I do have to get some new ones what are you guys using and how do you like them?

Thanks fellas

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
you can just get the inlet and use your MAF you have now. as for the headers, you can have them recoated.

·
Registered
38 Posts
why would you get rid of your JLT for a C&L?

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you can just get the inlet and use your MAF you have now. as for the headers, you can have them recoated.
exactly what I wanted to hear. thanks bro

why would you get rid of your JLT for a C&L?
its just a matter of preference along with a couple of other nit picky little things.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:lol yes it is. I knew you were gonna come in and say it:)

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
I wouldn't purchase the JLT CAI again, but I will be getting their RAI. This area floods a bit too much depending on where your at.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I was thinking about their RAI as well

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
plus we get a discount from them if we go in person, and the shop isn't far at all from us. He gives locals like a 10% discount. Well I don't know if he still does, but I sure hope so.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
plus we get a discount from them if we go in person, and the shop isn't far at all from us. He gives locals like a 10% discount. Well I don't know if he still does, but I sure hope so.
:), let me know when you get yours, I may have to go up there with you.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
i totally here where your coming from about wanting to switch from the JLT Primo. im not a big fan of the CAI i have installed form them, it just doesnt fit quite right...i will be switching it out for one of there RAI when i get back as it fits much better

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
cant install the strut brace with jlt, i found my c&l pipe on ebay for a good price, try looking there.

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
They say no, but I've seen it done...just not a lot of clearance at all. I'm gonna be removing my STB very soon...hopefully.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i totally here where your coming from about wanting to switch from the JLT Primo. im not a big fan of the CAI i have installed form them, it just doesnt fit quite right...i will be switching it out for one of there RAI when i get back as it fits much better
Exactly, there are other things that I dont like about it as well but I have been considering their RAI. When are you getting yours?

cant install the strut brace with jlt, i found my c&l pipe on ebay for a good price, try looking there.
Yeah, I usually check there and craigslist but there doesnt seem to be anything yet but who knows.

They say no, but I've seen it done...just not a lot of clearance at all. I'm gonna be removing my STB very soon...hopefully.
I know you cant wait to get that thing off seeing as youve been trying for soo long now;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts