Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 mustang gt with 115k miles all stock. What could I do to get around 280-300rwhp. Just getting some ideas so I can make some plans for my mustang soon. :D

·
MM's Samsquanch
707 Posts
you need to give some more details..

mainly what kind of funds you are working with, you can ask around and the cheapest option would be the bottle.

do you know what you want already? do you have a gameplan of going F/I or trying to keep it n/a which is going to take some effort.

im willing to bet most are going to suggest the bottle or some sort of f/I

your cars only limitations are how much time and money you are willing to put into it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
PI head swap will put you there

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
PI head swap will put you there
so effen false.....

u need to do the full swap, cams, exhaust, intake and tuner.......

OR you could just slap a blower on there at 12psi

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
so effen false.....

u need to do the full swap, cams, exhaust, intake and tuner.......

OR you could just slap a blower on there at 12psi
those are really your only options without swapping motors

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
wreck it, get insurance money, find a cobra....

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
A full p.i. swap includes heads, cams and intake. I would recommend that along with some headers, an off road midpipe some gears and a tune and you may be happy enough with the results to not feel the need to add some nitrous.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
along with a good set of gears to get the power to the wheels. an aluminum driveshaft wouldn't hurt either.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm getting 4.10 gears. Will ford C springs and tokico HP shocks and struts be fine? I'm not looking to race just a weekend car.

·
MM's Samsquanch
707 Posts
c springs and tokico blues are fine, just put them on myself a few weeks ago, ride quality improved plus it lowered it about 1&1/4 all around.

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
Im actually looking forward to getting the blues in like 8 months lol when i come back.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Idles around 600 rpms everytime I start it. No engine light on. Shakes a lot when idling and stops when I rev the engine.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I want to stay n/a. So PI swap and full bolt ons get me close to my goal?
Yes sir pi swap but with sum stage 2 Cams. Fully bolted with a tune and ur there. If u plan on putting a supercharger then you'll end up blowing ur engine then ur looking at a lot of cash to a complete new setup

1 - 20 of 30 Posts