Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First of all ever since the rear control arms were installed my rear end/Gears sound louder. I haven't had a chance to set my pinion angle. I was wondering if that could cause more of a bind on it, causing it to whine, or moan more? Plus when I get on it from a slow roll, I hear something creaking and shifting, or twisting a little. I also took my spring isolators out and the uppers have solid tie rod end on the part the fastens to the chassis.

My next little thing is when I'm Wot and I go to shift at red line I get a little backfire. I have also recently went to dumps and thought maybe it's something I just here now because of where the exhaust exits? Its not a huge backfire but It's there.

Other than that it seems run like a beast.

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Creaking would be the Isolators.

and the gears would be the pinion angle.

and I have no clue about the back fire, but i back fired the other day and it was louder than ****. Made the person next to me swerve....

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
its the solid mount on the control arms making it squeak... my car sounds like a hunk of **** when i'm making hard turns or making the suspension flex because of the control arms, thats part of it though... not to mention the spring isolators you took out

the little backfire is nothing to worry about... probably just from the dumps

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Weird thing is, when drove normally it actually rides nice. Plus another nice thing is it handles so much better and that's despite it has no front swaybar and 175lb drag springs in the front.

The only tie rod end is the one one the uppers to the frame.

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
yeah everything can be expected from what you put on the car, just be thankful you didn't get spherical bushings like me. Talking about squeeking and noises from the rearend. The dumps are part of the reason it backfires slightly, but also mine used to backfire all the time when i ran a blower shooting flames out the tips of my exhaust when i ran down the track..

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah everything can be expected from what you put on the car, just be thankful you didn't get spherical bushings like me. Talking about squeeking and noises from the rearend. The dumps are part of the reason it backfires slightly, but also mine used to backfire all the time when i ran a blower shooting flames out the tips of my exhaust when i ran down the track..
The ones on the uppers where they connect to the chassis are spherical. Thats what I mean by tie rod end

It backfires if I shift fast at wot when I'm close to redline.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts