Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to fire up my car today for the first time. It is a 347 with 10.5-11 CR. my factory starter is turning really slow with plenty of juice to it. Is the factory starter to weak for the higher compression or is it just bad? If it is bad, should I just go ahead and get high torque, or will factory be sufficient? An Exporer starter is higher torque correct?

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
my 347 10.1-1 turns over fast as **** with a stocker brah

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
buy a new stocker, if it does the same thing return it

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, I have double checked all of my connections. Everything is good. I think I will get a new stock, if there still a problem then it should be something other than the starter. From what I have found, the 95 came with a high torque mini. So a stock should be fine.

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,965 Posts
Are you positive you have good block and battery grounds?
This^. Try an az unit and if it does the same thing slide it back to them. Probably a bad connection somewhere. Try grounding it to cast iron rather than the timing cover.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have it grounded to the block. I have a ground ran from the battery in the trunk to the frame. Then the motor is grounded from the front of the block to the frame.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep, just took the starter to the shop. They said they were surprised that it even turned at all. Also told me that those ford starters were strong as hell, that had plenty of torque for way more compression.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts