Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last year I bought a 95 gt, it ran ok to say the most. I always had idle issues like hanging idle and spark knock or pinging at idle and trailering/ bucking. So when I parked the car I pulled the motor out and re built it. It runs great now! No more spark knock but I'm still having a hanging idle that will go away after it sits at the stop light for a little while and I work at a repair shop and never have I ever had a car or anything for that matter burn your eyes the way this thing does if you start it or let it run in the shop.. o and it seems to idle better and drive smoother without the lttle pill plugged in by the maf

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,965 Posts
If your girlfriend takes it regularly, no baby.

But to answer your question, while you have the spout(little "pill" as you call it) removed, set your timing with a timing light to 12 degrees and put the spout back in. Problem solved. You cant time by "ear" thats an old wives-tale.

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,965 Posts
Lol, warped minds think alike.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I pulled it and set the timing to 11. It runs great honestly im just a sucker for a lopey idle and I hate when I come up to.a stop light n it idles at 1500 rpm for a,minute before going back to 950

1 - 5 of 5 Posts