Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i got a steeda 3" cowl hood not to long ago and i went to go close it and it doesnt lock. Is there some way to adjust it? or do i need to do something? why wont it stay shut?

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Alignment is probably off...

DO NOT
DRIVE THE CAR, until you fix it.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what are you talking about? why not??????

hahahahahahahaha totally kidding! I mean it shuts and everythingi can get it to close just the latch to make it lock... you really think it could only be the alignment?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
what are you talking about? why not??????

hahahahahahahaha totally kidding! I mean it shuts and everythingi can get it to close just the latch to make it lock... you really think it could only be the alignment?
Its funny because he has had some....hood issues in the past.

Your sure its not hitting anything, like the back of your M112 for example? If not then yes it is probably off alignment. Something else to try, you could try twisting the rubber stops on the front corners of the engine bay (they rubber catches for your hood) to the right to lower them and see if that helps. I have had that problem before and that was the issue.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh trust me the hood is trimmed that back its all cut up to fit. Im pissed cause i have to cut a small hole in the top in order for the supercharger pulley to fit

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Cut completely through the hood or just the padding?

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Does it close to the point to where you have to open the hood from the inside before you can un-latch it? If not you're not safe driving the car that way.

·
Registered
486 Posts
you could always do away with the latch and go buy some hoodpins thats what i did when i got my new hood cause it didn't wanna latch right.

·
Registered
486 Posts
thanks, IMO i think it makes it look meaner anyways lol

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have mixed feelings. I'm gonna try to get the hood to close. If not ill do that

1 - 13 of 13 Posts