Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have found a place in ohio that makes fiberglass cowl hoods, i can get a 4 inch bolt on for 200 ready to paint, they also have a 4 inch pin on hood and its only 99 which one should i get?:confused:

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
First you should post a link so I can see lol

I'd dish the 200 on a bolt on hood, liftoffs are wack unless it's straight up race car. Plus with the lift off you'll HAVE to run hood pins where with the bolt on it's optional

·
Registered
135 Posts
First you should post a link so I can see lol

I'd dish the 200 on a bolt on hood, liftoffs are wack unless it's straight up race car. Plus with the lift off you'll HAVE to run hood pins where with the bolt on it's optional
I dont know about that I would always run hood pins on 99% of the fiberglass hoods on the market... I have seen more then a few break at the latch and fly up smashing the windshield and roof line

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
If its the one i'm thinkin off in cincinnati my buddy had that hood on his bullit and it fit like absolute ****

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
good lookin out!

If its the one i'm thinkin off in cincinnati my buddy had that hood on his bullit and it fit like absolute ****
thanks for savin me he trip:D, ifound a carbon fiber scoop on ebay for the stock hood i think i will jujst go with it, and save up for a good cowl from harwood or something.:cool:

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
yeah if it's cincy composites then they're junk. really bad rep search the corral, there's a sticky on there. i'm sure that's what it is as they sell all kinds of stuff on Ebay.

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
yeah if it's cincy composites then they're junk. really bad rep search the corral, there's a sticky on there. i'm sure that's what it is as they sell all kinds of stuff on Ebay.
100% Correct

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
The same guy bought an H.O. Fibertrends 5" cowl for his and it fit really well. Said damn near stock

1 - 12 of 12 Posts