Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my hood came up and cracked windowsheild and dent the piece up has anyone here fix that before and how do i do it.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
PICS need to see where and how its damaged.. i have had my hood fly up mutpile times on a few of my previous mustangs so i have had the pleasure of fixing it a few times.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah the whole peice has a long dent and broke my plastic cowl but thats ok i'll buy a new one but i can get pics

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
yeah the whole peice has a long dent and broke my plastic cowl but thats ok i'll buy a new one but i can get pics
you will have to try to bent it back and hammer the dents out or a spot welder and slide hammer them out and some bondo action... if you want it done right bring it to the body shop and have it done right..

·
Registered
678 Posts
I have a harwood hood that uses the stock latch I haven't installed yet, would it be a good idea to get hoodpins? That's why I got the latch style so I wouldn't have hoodpins.

·
Banned
464 Posts
if you trust the stock latch, then that's your deal. I, along with many other fox owners, have had the stock hood fly open on me at highway speed. luckily in my case the safety latch caught it, but others aren't so lucky. i will never own another fox without a set of hood pins.

·
Registered
678 Posts
if you trust the stock latch, then that's your deal. I, along with many other fox owners, have had the stock hood fly open on me at highway speed. luckily in my case the safety latch caught it, but others aren't so lucky. i will never own another fox without a set of hood pins.
Yeah, I've heard alot of people on here have that happen to. Looks like I'll be installing hoodpins

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Just make sure if anyone is looking at your engine, when its closed they are back in.

My one friend has locking ones, they use a key but i dont know how well those hold up compared to the regular hood pins.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
I had an 87gt when I was 18 and the stock hood flew up on me while I was doing 75 on i95 in pa.. no shoulders and tons of other cars/trucks. Totally sucked, ended up bending the hood down as much as possible by hand and used my shoe laces to tie it done.. it destroyed the cowl/hood and banged in the roof really good.

Every fox after that i've owned has had hood pins whether it be a fiberglass hood or stock

·
Registered
182 Posts
not sure how bad it is...but, i remember someone on the site saying that they put a deflated basketball under the cowl, and then inflating it until the dent popped out, then just finish it off with a lil bondo and some fresh paint. i don't know if this really works or not though, just an idea. good luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts