Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can buy an OEM from a junkyard for like 75$, 2 piece and aftermarkets are like $99 and OEM is like $189

anyone have experience with the 2 piece or aftermarket ones? build quality etc

·
AHRC Suffolk, NY CarShow
525 Posts
I can buy an OEM from a junkyard for like 75$, 2 piece and aftermarkets are like $99 and OEM is like $189

anyone have experience with the 2 piece or aftermarket ones? build quality etc
where are the 2 piece or aftermarkets for $99.
i believe seeing the 2 piece for around $150'ish ??

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
1999-04 Mustang Cowl Vent Cover at LRS - Free Shipping!

1999-04 Mustang Cowl Vent Cover, 2-Piece Reproduction at LRS - Free Shipping!

if it's not a show car and you just want a replacement and want to save some money get the 2 piece. if you are particular about your car get the OEM cover, the fit is better than the 2 piece.
Tony, I am impressed with your honesty.

I bought the two piece.... mine came from ebay so I don't know if it's the same piece or even the same caliber part that LRS sells but I will tell you it's a huge piece of ****. The fit is awful, the finish is about %50 of OEM.... but the fit is the problem. I have a zip tie holing it together at the seam. Looks like absolute horse ****. Waste of my money. OEM is very expensive and very over priced.... buy it. You won't be disappointed. If you get one out of the junkyard it's going to be a piece of **** as well.... they're all dried out and cracked if they're more than a few years old.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
yea with the cost of the OEM cover the 2 piece is a good option for someone who just wants a less expensive replacement and doesn't care too much about the fit and finish and for a daily driver/beater i wouldn't hesitate to use it. that being said i think for most people here, the OEM cover is the way to go.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
yea with the cost of the OEM cover the 2 piece is a good option for someone who just wants a less expensive replacement and doesn't care too much about the fit and finish and for a daily driver/beater i wouldn't hesitate to use it. that being said i think for most people here, the OEM cover is the way to go.
Again, I commend you for your honesty. Nice to see someone who sells parts giving honest answers and not blowing BS. Reps given.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmm the carbon fiber one seems to be same price/few bucks cheaper than the OEM one, and from the svtperformance forums a big hit. Might have to go that route.

edit: heh anyone buy a carbon fiber one?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts