Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welp, time had come, engine is not out but time to make use of the Coyote paper weight thats been sitting my garage, and making my own swap harness, screw paying 1600 for one. Im less than 750 into all that I need. 2 of which were brand new that I didn't have that I still would have needed to buy with the FRRP kit.

Here are some pics

AJE k member
QA1 Front LCAs
SVE full coilover kit,
BMR rear upper/lower control arms
13'' front cobra calipers
Black/Gold CF hydrodipped valve covers
and lots of other goodies...

Attachments

·
At the Apex pulling 1.28g
6,578 Posts
Hey, cool swap you've got going here. Look forward to the progress you make.

Got a quick favor/question to ask though... could you possibly take a tape measure and measure from the bellhousing mounting point and to the stud for the engine mount that goes into the K-Member and then once more from the bellhousing mounting surface to the closest bolts for the engine motor mount?

I'm swapping a 6.2L out of an F250 (basically a cam swap and tune from a Raptor motor, although neither the cam or ECU are going to be factory) into my 1989 Fox and I'm trying to figure out if I can use MM's solid motor mounts with their engine swap K-member (which says a coyote will need those mounts or any 96-2004 2V motor mounts) or if I'll need to custom fabricate some stuff. I can't think that the 6.2L would be mounted any further rearward/forward than the coyote is due to manufacturing stuff, and they DO use the same motor mount bolt spacing on the block, just unknown if it actually has the same distance to the stud on the motor mount itself or same distance to the actual mounting bolts themselves.

Any help would be appreciated! :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know the coyote is the same overall as the 4.6. Ill have to check once I get my 4.6 pulled, its still in the car currently.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good luck with the swap! I plan on swapping out my 2v far in the future. Still can't decide if I want to get a 5.0 or a Termi engine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good luck with the swap! I plan on swapping out my 2v far in the future. Still can't decide if I want to get a 5.0 or a Termi engine.
I was going to 4V swap originally. However with what I have into this vs a termi setup, Ill have more power off the rip then when I go forced induction will have more power overall. Either way is a good choice.

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
Subbed

Looks like your making some progress ill keep an eye on you I like these Coyote swaps.

·
At the Apex pulling 1.28g
6,578 Posts
I know the coyote is the same overall as the 4.6. Ill have to check once I get my 4.6 pulled, its still in the car currently.
Ahh, I thought you already had the Coyote sitting on a stand already! :) I can wait. :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ahh, I thought you already had the Coyote sitting on a stand already! :) I can wait. :)

Thanks!
The coyote is sitting on the engine stand in my garage, the motor mounts on the 4.6 are identical to the 5.0, which I'm pretty positive that the 6.2 is also a modular bolt pattern/spacing is the same as well. .Im in the process of getting everything ready. Going to be making a tube front end setup and repair some rust on the frame rails

·
Registered
381 Posts
I was debating between a coyote swap and a 4v swap and ended up going 4v because I scored a sweet deal on a Mark VIII I couldn't pass up. Anyway, looking forward to seeing the build progress. Good luck!!

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,218 Posts
Awesome to see someone actually doing it versus just talking about it. Since my 2V is stout and I drive my car less then 1000 miles a year I'm going to super charge it and call it for a while.

I've always wondered though, and please excuse my noobness, why don't people just do like a MMR600 motor versus a Coyote swap? It seems cheaper and more of a bolt in swap.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Awesome to see someone actually doing it versus just talking about it. Since my 2V is stout and I drive my car less then 1000 miles a year I'm going to super charge it and call it for a while.

I've always wondered though, and please excuse my noobness, why don't people just do like a MMR600 motor versus a Coyote swap? It seems cheaper and more of a bolt in swap.
Personally it is cheaper if you know what your doing to put the coyote in vs a build motor where you still will need supporting mods to make decent power with a 2V, 4V swap was my original plan but I got the full coyote engine cheaper than I could get a set of rebuilt 4V heads and cams.

Straight swap without doing my planned turbo setup I will be less than 4k and stock power will put down 400+whp

1 - 17 of 17 Posts