Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local guy i know is trying to sell me his new shortblock. He had the motor built. It has eagle h beam rods, CP pistons(?), stock bore, stock stroke. It has the heads on it currently. Is kept in his climate controlled shop. He says he is going to check on what dish the pistons are in a bit. Entire sb for 1500.

What are CP pistons? They alright?

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Carillo pistons yea they make pretty nice pieces.. Im guessing you ditched the idea of the 03-04 shortblock..
Products

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah shortblock is out the question. either going to build my own or scoop up this one. 1500 sounds nice depending on the piston CC. He doesnt remember that right off. He has had it while waiting for his stock sb to blow.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
1500 not too bad if the piston's will work for you.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
yeah shortblock is out the question. either going to build my own or scoop up this one. 1500 sounds nice depending on the piston CC. He doesnt remember that right off. He has had it while waiting for his stock sb to blow.
Yea seems like a it could be a good deal as long as everything checks out on it..

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he said it was built to be good to 900hp. Might be what i do all depending on the piston CC. Like i said, i never see me hitting 600rwhp. I will be upgrading to a "D1 like" propeller before too long. I told them that i want to be their FIRST customer. He said sounds good so.... D1 upgrade for under 500 bucks is not to bad!

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nice sweet, i like hearing that from you. 1500 sounds like a good deal then. he says he THINKS they may be 17cc but he cant remember.

·
Registered
135 Posts
A local guy i know is trying to sell me his new shortblock. He had the motor built. It has eagle h beam rods, CP pistons(?), stock bore, stock stroke. It has the heads on it currently. Is kept in his climate controlled shop. He says he is going to check on what dish the pistons are in a bit. Entire sb for 1500.

What are CP pistons? They alright?
CP pistons are the one of the best for the modular if not thee best and the only piston i will use when i build a motor

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
That sounds like a good deal. They are one of the higher cost piston's you can get. I don't think they offer 15cc, but maybe. Probably 17, 18 or flat. With your heads those would put you just a little under stock compression with 15's putting you at ar just above stock compression. Like Sweet said anything less will be bad for your setup.

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
get it...

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well dont forget when coming up with the compression that i have my livernois stage 2 heads to put on it.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
well dont forget when coming up with the compression that i have my livernois stage 2 heads to put on it.
Thats the ones I was talking about. They have a larger combustion chamber than stock. Making it less compression, as a matter of fact, the 17 or 18 will put you around the same stock compression as the termi. I believe there is 2cc difference between your heads and termi heads.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
the compresion I stated was for a stock cc head.with a larger chamber it would be less. I don't know how big they hog out the livernois heads(combustion chamber) but a 17cc or 18 cc piston yeilding 8.5 to 1 would be questionable. it takes a 23cc piston with gt heads to yeild 8.5(at least what i was told)

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
the compresion I stated was for a stock cc head.with a larger chamber it would be less. I don't know how big they hog out the livernois heads(combustion chamber) but a 17cc or 18 cc piston yeilding 8.5 to 1 would be questionable. it takes a 23cc piston with gt heads to yeild 8.5(at least what i was told)
The Termi has 8.5:1 compression with 17cc(?) pistons and 53(52.6)cc combustion chamber. I believe the stage II's have 54cc combustion chamber, but I could be wrong. Puts it just under Termi compression.:dunno

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Thats the ones I was talking about. They have a larger combustion chamber than stock. Making it less compression, as a matter of fact, the 17 or 18 will put you around the same stock compression as the termi. I believe there is 2cc difference between your heads and termi heads.
The Termi has 8.5:1 compression with 17cc(?) pistons and 53(52.6)cc combustion chamber. I believe the stage II's have 54cc combustion chamber, but I could be wrong. Puts it just under Termi compression.:dunno
:no stock 2v heads are 44cc's stock, and the temi's are 53cc stock. you know how much material would have to be taken out of the pi head cumbustion chamber to get that volume? livernois only drops out just a little compression, looking about 46cc's or so. that is not enough to make or break a set up. with a head like that, the compression should be factored around the stock cc head. the 99+ 2v's have 15-17cc dish stock (depeds on where you get info and what year) which yeilds the 9.6cr (or whatever stock is). so if a 17cc dish piston was used, you arent changing anything but piston material and weight.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
k cool. good info sweet.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts