Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got in my car like 10 minutes ago and noticed a 12 inch crak in the windshield. its inside the glass cant feel it from the inside of the car or outside. i dont park under any trees or anything wtf. can the windshield just crack by itself?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Does the crack run up and down or left to right? Does the crack go under the windshield trim? I had a crack once that started when a rock chipped the glass under the trim then the crack ran across.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the crask goes up and down. it does not have signs of any chips fron a rock hit. i havnt even been on the highway. its on the lower driver side and the crack goes all the way to the bottom of the glass. can it be a defective windshield? i have to get pictures of it in the morning.

·
Registered
78 Posts
It's possible it's bad but I'm also pretty sure the crack started at the bottom of the windshield at the edge. Windshields don't fit snug sometimes. Sometimes they have to be pushed on to get the glass to seat in the sealant.

·
Registered
577 Posts
If there is no "chip" I would see if the dealer would warranty it. Probably a long shot but worth it to see. If not insurance is your best bet..

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
Interesting. Could be from the car flexing and the windshield not being snug.

Or a rock chip that you never knew about.

See what the dealer says, they will probably tell you to **** off.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i called the insurance company today like at 10 am. and they setup an appointment with safelite auto glass to go to come to my house and replace it. i got home like 10 minutes ago and i had a brand new windshield. free!

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
i called the insurance company today like at 10 am. and they setup an appointment with safelite auto glass to go to come to my house and replace it. i got home like 10 minutes ago and i had a brand new windshield. free!
Yea, its Fl state law, your INS has to cover 1 free windshield repair per year.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Yes, it is possible for glass to crack on it's own; seen it happen first hand. You're in Florida, windshield replacement is free through your insurance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts