Just let that sink in for a second.

batterie

Mother. ****ing. Batterie.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,043
Foxbody - $5000 (Sanford)

Selling a fox lx coupe 4 cyl auto. 65xxx orig miles from Florida. The body has been untouched. Car has NO rust. Factory rust preventive spray is still under the hood. Bought to make a drag car out of, then other plans came. Has a couple dents and previous owner did a couple paint touch ups in some places with wrong color paint. Can see in the pictures right above the lights and on the mirror covers. Paint is fading on the front bumper and on the roof but I would call the car to be in very good condition. Has all recent auto work documented. Car runs like it should if you were to use it as a daily driver.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
I got the definition from wiki, just so we are all on the same page.:whackylol:

batterie - Wiktionary
"(dance) A brilliant display of virtuosity in which the dancer's legs open and close rapidly while in the air, with the illusion of striking together and rebounding."

Not sure how it applies to his car ad, but if someone emails and asks him let us know what he says.

·
super serious
6,254 Posts
That is the most inconsistent ad I've ever seen... Like, just everything about it is random. The grammar, the use of capital letters, the ****ing car model...

I think this section is the perfect representation of everything wrong with the ad:
grandmother& Grand Father

Why did Steve suddenly decide that grandfather should be split and capitalized? Perhaps he noticed the lack of space between "grandmother" and the ampersand then thought to himself, "I'll just stick a space in grandfather to make up for that."

·
Registered
1,600 Posts

·
Banned
10,319 Posts
Foxbody - $5000 (Sanford)

Selling a fox lx coupe 4 cyl auto. 65xxx orig miles from Florida. The body has been untouched. Car has NO rust. Factory rust preventive spray is still under the hood. Bought to make a drag car out of, then other plans came. Has a couple dents and previous owner did a couple paint touch ups in some places with wrong color paint. Can see in the pictures right above the lights and on the mirror covers. Paint is fading on the front bumper and on the roof but I would call the car to be in very good condition. Has all recent auto work documented. Car runs like it should if you were to use it as a daily driver.
I hope that has some gold bricks in the trunk. Or lots of hookers and coke.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,051
1987 k10 shortbed fleetside - $2750 (concord nh)

1987 Chevy k10 shortbed fleetside
4 speed w/ granny gear
No rot or rust at all very clean
Dual tank setup , no tank on the right side but has dash switch
Interior needs dash (cracked) and seat (torn)
Starts and runs but has left side head gasket blown
Dual exhaust straight out the back
Black exterior maroon interior

Is this a show truck? LOL.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
1987 k10 shortbed fleetside - $2750 (concord nh)

1987 Chevy k10 shortbed fleetside
4 speed w/ granny gear
No rot or rust at all very clean
Dual tank setup , no tank on the right side but has dash switch
Interior needs dash (cracked) and seat (torn)
Starts and runs but has left side head gasket blown
Dual exhaust straight out the back
Black exterior maroon interior

Is this a show truck? LOL.

Yeah that truck is special. Dirk Diggler sat in the passenger seat for a few minutes. You can't re-upholster over something like that.

·
I'm, Ron Burgundy?
6,908 Posts
Not on CL but I saw a guy selling a 96 GT tangerine orange with 180,000 miles for $9500. I know it's a rare color but seems a little high imo

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Is that the paint from the green Civic on the driveway? LOL
Yes it is. I find the best place to spray paint a car god awful green is in the open in a driveway. It makes for the best finish, and I am sure the spouse would love a big rectangle of green for a defined parking spot.

2041 - 2060 of 5979 Posts