Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had previously posted some threads about getting some slightly used ford racing 4.10 gears and brand new install kit from craigslist for a great deal. I was a bit ify about it and went through with it anyhow because like I said it was a deal that couldn't be beat. Anyway, yesterday I went and had everything installed in my 2003 gt and finally got the car back today. The install was a mere 300 bucks and let me tell you it was worth it. I have no whine whatsoever, and man does it take off like never before and goes through gears amazing. All I can say is that I should have done this sooner!! Now all I gotta do is get the darn speedometer recalibrated :)

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
I love craigs for this reason^^^ good find and hope it works out great for you

·
Registered
386 Posts
All I can say is that I should have done this sooner!! Now all I gotta do is get the darn speedometer recalibrated :)
Well Now is the time to buy your SCT Tuner. Congrats on the gear.

I am going to order my gear probably next week. When I do put it in I am installing headers, prochamber and the gear.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well Now is the time to buy your SCT Tuner. Congrats on the gear.

I am going to order my gear probably next week. When I do put it in I am installing headers, prochamber and the gear.
Thanks!! It was a great upgrade!! And I actually found somebody selling a diablo predator tuner brand new near me for 175 but someone on here has also messaged me. So i'm hoping to have one soon!!

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
Thanks!! It was a great upgrade!! And I actually found somebody selling a diablo predator tuner brand new near me for 175 but someone on here has also messaged me. So i'm hoping to have one soon!!
I'd hold off on a tuner until you are certain that you won't be doing any more modifications to the car especially your driveline. Besides, tunes don't do all that much on a stock motor.

Gears were probably the funnest mod I did on my '03 but longtube headers will give you the most bolt on HP other than a blower or H/C/I.

John

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I would ask around your area for dyno tuners and what they use imo

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I didn't want to pay near 100 bucks for calibration and I thought a tune would do that plus more. But ill check into the dyno tune. Not really sure where to go however lol.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Well I didn't want to pay near 100 bucks for calibration and I thought a tune would do that plus more. But ill check into the dyno tune. Not really sure where to go however lol.
Not saying to get a dyno tune. you will need at least a e-mail tune to recalibrate your speedo with a handheld. just saying if you want a handheld, get one that the tuners in your area use, just in case you want further mods that require a tuner/dyno

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
With 4.10's your speedo will be off by around 10 mph. In other words, if your speedo says 80 your going 70. You could buy one of these if the speedo being off bugs you that much:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-speedo-tool-9410.html

I would just live with it until you've done all the speed upgrades you are going to do then you can re-program the ECU. This way you only have to do it once and you won't have to pay twice to have the car tuned.

BTW Dyno tune and handheld tune are pretty much the same. Only difference is dyno tune is done on a machine that allows your rear wheels to spin giving you more accurate numbers and allows for tweaking of the tune.

John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts