Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm learning as I go here, I am building a motor. I have a Windsor block and I am planning on using a cobra crank (03-04) when I find one at a good price. My question is will any forged rod fit that type of crank or will I need a specific length?

Also I went ahead and got a aluminum flywheel 8 bolt for the crank does anyone know what clutch I should run 11"?

Sorry for the dumb questions I just want to make sure I have this right the first time around.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
You need a rod specific to our motors there are plenty of kits out the such as Eagle, Diamond, etc.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew there was I was just making sure when I change cranks if that was going to change anything, otherwise I will just get some Manley rods and pistons

·
Registered
255 Posts
The deminsions of the cranks are the same, if that is what you are wondering. On you're clutch question, I run a RAM HDX and have no complaints. There are some good brands out there, Centerforce, Spec, RAM, ect.

·
☼ny
271 Posts
The size of the clutch should depend on ur expected power level. 11" will have more surface area to grab while adding a lil rotational mass. 10.5 will have less mass n churn up faster until a certain power level where it will slip.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, that helped alot! I was just making sure I was on the right track with what I'm wanting to do. Forged Windsor with patriot heads that are getting extra work done and cms stage 3 cams vortech kit with Paxton 1200 head unit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts