Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had my SP Swap running perfect for a while until the fuel pump blew (or so I thought). I brought it to my mechanic because I didn't want to do it myself in my garage. It turns out the Crank Position Sensor wasn't giving out a steady signal, so he ordered a new one. It gives out a steady signal now, but it still stalled. I'm wondering if this could be something I did wrong? Thinking back, I don't think I even touched the Crank Sensor, there was no reason to because they are the same between 96 and 99. Any thoughts? I just don't want him to go digging if it's something that I made a mistake on....

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
Did you mess with the crank pulley at all?

Also, there is three position for the reluctor ring (on the back of the crank pulley) and different years used different positions of the ring.

Have you had it running at all?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, it was running perfect. That's what I don't get....& I know the sensor is the same between years. I don't think its anything I did. I keep going over it in my head & can't think of anything. It's over my head, anyway, my mechanic will figure it out. Lol, just wanted to make sure it wasn't me, but I can't see how it could be....

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, the car runs fine and stalls and a random time.There's no pattern to it and after it stalls, it'll crank, but won't start. This is getting really frustrating....Maybe I crossed some back lines? But my idle is healthy. Idk....

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
Sounds like the crank sensor might be going bad. Could be internally shorting when it builds up heat..

Does the timing retard right before it stalls?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Crank sensor is brand new, like I said and gives a good signal. It kind of bogs down and studders RPM's before it stalls....

Do you think it might actually be the fuel pump or fuel filter? I didn't change either after it was sitting, but would rather wait if I could on those....Or maybe the injectors clogged? But at least one of them would fire, though, right?

It's not throwing ANY codes, which makes this difficult....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts