Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i was about to leave work and cranked my car up, i heard a popping noise so i popped the hood. the tensioner was acting funny and the belt was popping on it front to back. I called my buddy that works at a shop and he came to look at it. he checked the tensioner out and spun the pulleys to make sure they were all spinning freely and they were. so i cranked it for him and he watched it for a minute then i turned it off. well my damn crank pulley/HB is loose. not just the crank pulley but the whole thing that sits flush against the block. we messed with the bolt that holds the pulley on but we couldnt turn it by hand(didnt have any sockets or anything and its raining). my question is, any ideas what might be wrong? he said that it could be a pin is messed up or gone or something may be wallered out.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Standard wear and tear on the mechanical parts. Usually by the time you need to replace a belt one of these has to be replaced too. When I go S/C I plan on replacing the HB and tensioner. As well a few other pulleys to match the nice finish on the S/C's pulley.

Its hard to guess without being able to pull it apart and actually see whats wrong. but I'd get it fixed asap.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Standard wear and tear on the mechanical parts. Usually by the time you need to replace a belt one of these has to be replaced too. When I go S/C I plan on replacing the HB and tensioner. As well a few other pulleys to match the nice finish on the S/C's pulley.

Its hard to guess without being able to pull it apart and actually see whats wrong. but I'd get it fixed asap.
hell it only has about 46k miles on it even though it is from an 01. gonna see if i can get it pulled, dont have a puller though :(

btw, you wont be able to really see the procharger pulley, i wouldnt bother with new ones.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Your local parts store should have one you can rent.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Okay I want them to match the finish of the actual S/C then

·
Registered
461 Posts
No shiney ceramic. Or at least thats how it looked at the showroom when I went to talk to someone the other day. They had it sitting on the floor and he showed me how it worked and some other stuff Over all I learned a lot and I am def going S/C after the meeting with these guys. I almost want to pay them to install it, almost. Even though its a self contained oil unit I may have the shop modify one to run on the cars oil.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No shiney ceramic. Or at least thats how it looked at the showroom when I went to talk to someone the other day. They had it sitting on the floor and he showed me how it worked and some other stuff Over all I learned a lot and I am def going S/C after the meeting with these guys. I almost want to pay them to install it, almost. Even though its a self contained oil unit I may have the shop modify one to run on the cars oil.
the other pulleys are black, wont match :p they make a D1 that is oil fed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts