Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting my OEM pulleys back on for my SC install, I obviously have the pulleys, and I bought a new bolt when I bought the Vortech kit, all I lack is the longer bolt you use to pull the pulley on the nose of the crank before you can put in the oem bolt and torque the pulley. I can not find one anywhere and I called Brenspeed and told them what I needed, and $33 later, I now have 2 of the shorter finishing bolts :(. How much longer is the longer bolt? I found a M12-1.5 bolt that is about 1/4 inch longer, if that is all the length I need then cool. I'm not use to coming up short;)

Any suggestions on how to install it without the longer bolt. Rubber mallot? I just dont know how that would be on the thrust bearings.

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
you can use a softer bolt to start it but clean and lube all of the surfaces. I got one at my local Tru-Value.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know, but here it is a matter of if they even have one long enough. You know how the end of the finishing bolt is not threaded, well I did find a bolt that was just as long as the finishing bolt and it was threaded all the way to the end, plus I have a washer that is thinner than the OEM washer that you use. Maybe....just maybe that added space will be enough.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Go to advance. You can rent a pulley puller kit (three prong) that will have the long bolt. 100$ to rent it but you will get your money back when you return it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol, I just called about an hour ago, and they have a harmonic balancer installation kit for $44 for rent, and it has the M12-1.50 adapter I need. I will have to go get it about 6:45pm, I work all day. But it looks as if the project will continue with out too much more worries. Unless a bolt breaks, crack the crank.......who knows. I should have never bought the UDP, they turned out to be a bigger PITA than they were worth. Would have been fine if I stayed NA or went turbo.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Glad you got everything situated, good luck with everything....and for gods sake don't crack the crank.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Glad you found an installer to use, I think using an install tool is far safer than just the longer bolt method. You can buy an install kit for around $40 BTW.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts