Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put on the underdrive a long time ago but have to go back to the stock pulley. I had a bar that I could thread bolts through to hold the Steeda pulley but I cannot tighten the Stock Pulley to spec (automatic). Anyone out there have a trick that works or should I just use the impact?

·
Registered
790 Posts
I just would use an impact honestly. Technically not proper but never had an issue. You could try removing the inspection cover around flex plate and get a helper to jam up the teeth on the ring gear with a pry bar but Id take my chances with the impact vs chipping the flex plate ring gear.

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
I think that I just used an impact. I know I used the crank starter method to get it off but can't remember how I put it on. The proper way is to jam the flywheel.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input!

LOL, last night I took the impact, 18 mm socket, hooked up the hose, the impact gun then flipped the switch on the compressor....compressor starts then stops, power dies as the cord sparks shoot off the top of the compressor. My trusty 44633 Devilbiss 120 220 gave up on me. (drive wheel wont turn) Woke up this morning to it snowing and my baby brother told me he cannot deliver his compressor to me as he sold his Pick Up for a Fusion (guy only buys GM but at 52 years old he bought his 1st Ford on Wed!!!) Now I wait, last day off for about 2 weeks. Will I ever get this Supercharger on?

Wife called friend who's husband has a portable and will show up this afternoon. <----she tells me this I was typing above comment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts