Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i wanna check ford but tomorrows sunday... just curious what u guys think

how much would a crate-3.8L 1999 v6 engine cost?

i have a 98, but ill just buy the 99 so i get the split ports, or would it come with that?

neway... cost?

i know u can get chevy crate-engines (350) for $1200
sooo a ford 3.8L better not be like 2 grand.
ill be a friggin traitor and put a chevy motor in it XD

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
think again
you aint getting a $1200 motor at the dealer from chevy and those motors put out about 270hp that are priced that low if not less power

your engine will probably still be expensive...its the dealer....
it wont be built
it'll be a bone stock motor just on a crate or stand.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im don't guess it'll come with the different intakes will it? and yea i know it'll be bone stock... my motor now is bone stock lol... just got a cai on it jeez. but it's got 102k miles so not really a point in gonna try 2 get it goin performance-wise, it'll prolly blow up

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well im gonna have to get a new motor sometime neway... i mean what do u suggest? i wanna keep it a v6 for gas purposes, but im still gonna do alot of performance mods to it. cant do much till i graduate in may, then im stayin livin w/ my parents and goin on 2 factory work. imma mod the fuk outta it lol.
but i mean, if i gotta buy a new motor... why not buy a stock one to build? im sure that by buying a stock one and having it built is gonna be cheaper than buying an already semi-built one.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im just dumbfounded at buying a motor. i just want a new everything motor to start with, so as im modding, i dont have to worry about **** breaking in the middle of modding... and then having to have it fixed... it'd be cheaper to just buy the motor and not really have to worry about it fukin up. cuz all it takes is a couple things to break and then you've paid for a new motor neway because of labor.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I think what you want is to go to a 99 motor to get split port intake.

What you might do is to get a used 99 motor and use the block and crank and add forged internals to make it stronger for future top end modifications. Later you can have the manifolds and heads ported.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Keep your car as it is and save up to buy a 3.8L or 4.2L longblock from RPM, they are fairly affordable. You won't be getting a new block, but i don't see any point in buying a new motor from ford, and then gutting it a year later to add performance.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
if anything an 01-03 block with 99-00 intakes so you dont have the IMRCs (you may not NEED the 01 block, doesnt matter much)
and the rotating assembly you can get a steel 4.2L crank to pick up some extra torque and if you want stock or forged rods and pistons then thats also an option with out boring the block
theres lots of options

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
Keep your car as it is and save up to buy a 3.8L or 4.2L longblock from RPM, they are fairly affordable. You won't be getting a new block, but i don't see any point in buying a new motor from ford, and then gutting it a year later to add performance.
you will more then likely not be getting a new block from ford either
chances are they will charge if there is no core. which makes you bring the core
then they just dip it in an acid tank to have it cleaned, then hone and hex it

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i dont wanna buy a rpm engine, they are so damn expensive... 5k for a v6? i don't think so... that's way too much i mean think about it lol.

what is my best option guys. when i think about buying an engine it makes me tense lol.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
how are you going to make a 350 fit in your car? it will cost more to make it work then a refurbished V6 motor

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i was kidding about the 350 lol gawsh

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
if you want a cheap motor i saw two on ebay (yesterday) for like 350 and another for like 750, but thats ebay (ewwww). The crate engine im looking at (supersix 4.3L long rod stage 3 everything) comes complete but its like 8 grand or something but thats for 500 rwhp or so heh heh. i know autozone also sells motors for around like 1200+

another thing to consider is if the newer year engine is supported by ur computer. just throwing that out there i dunno.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
1 - 20 of 48 Posts