Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is it worth it to put aftermarket heads on a engine that has 92 thousand? Or is it better to save that money and put it towards a crate engine? How many miles are the 5.0 none to last?

·
Registered
910 Posts
92 thousand is nothoing for the 5.0 heads would hurt it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Yeah, 90k is a drop in the bucket for these motors. Be free :p

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup!, your right just was doin some research on crate motors, would be nice to have but damn!! Some dollars! Thinkin bout getting the trick flow kit. Any body know about how much this would cost to install?

·
Registered
368 Posts
i actually just ordered the trick flow track heat top end kit my mechanic said im looking at $1,500 to $1,600 in labor for everything to be done.

·
Registered
437 Posts
is everything that you need for installation and for it to run right included with the kit?

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
i actually just ordered the trick flow track heat top end kit my mechanic said im looking at $1,500 to $1,600 in labor for everything to be done.
mechanic????

uhh you should do it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
nope i have no idea what im doing that would be a very bad idea lol besides my mechanic does it and its guaranteed work if anything goes wrong.

·
Registered
368 Posts
nope everything is included the only thing that im not sure if im gonna need is bigger injectors because of the extra power im going to be making but ill find that out when i go to drive it lol.

·
Registered
437 Posts
yeah thats what i was wondering because i was reading on another site about a the kit and they were saying what kind of fuel injectors they should get, so i was wondering if you kit had everything. anyways, hope it works out for you ok. just be looking forward to the 350+ power you will have.

·
Registered
368 Posts
yes i cant wait unfortunately the whole kit is out of stock so i have to wait another week for it to get shipped

·
Registered
55 Posts
nope everything is included the only thing that im not sure if im gonna need is bigger injectors because of the extra power im going to be making but ill find that out when i go to drive it lol.
It'd probably be a good idea to throw on some 30 pounders and hook it up with a tune afterwards.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I'm sure you could get out of it alot cheaper than buying the kit. I bought my used Track Heat for 380.00 That's about 130.00 less than a brand new one. Then you can look for used heads that have been checked and new valves put in for around 1000.00 Lastly the cam, there are so many cams out there better than the TFS cams. You get the point though. Something you might want to consider.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts