Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well a few weeks ago, when I was replacing my intake manifold, me and my step dad got to thinking about this new invention. This invention might just cure the headache almost everyone with mustangs go through, our intake manifold breaking at the heater hose.

Well long story short, we might have found a solution. We came up with a 'repair kit'. We are pretty much removing the broken nipple and adding a new one. We haven't tested it...yet. But i think my car is going to be the Guinea Pig. I told him that when ever I get my car running perfect again, we can do it. Just to make sure the experiment doesn't cause any problems.

Nothing like this already exists right? and would anyone be interested when we find out if it works or not?

·
Registered
892 Posts
Take the heater hose connection for a 5.0 (94-95) its metal.
Cut off broken pieces of heater connection with cut off wheel.
Drill opening to 3/4" on a nice press to ensure straightness.
Apply sealant to outside of new hose connector, thin and evenly.
Press is new connector with mallet and wood block.
Never have problem again.

less than $20 in parts. Tis what I did to my 2v when I had it.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
pretty sure i've seen it done before with a threaded barb fitting, so it wouldn't technically be a "new" idea, just a different spin on it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I would think that if the intake is brittle enough for the nipple to break off the rest of the intake is probably getting brittle too or warped.

The nipple broke off of the intake on my gt and when I changed the intake I discovered that it was also warped and it was leaking water into one of the intake runners.

I thought about tapping the hole on the intake where the nipple used to be and installing a threaded piece of pipe but i'm glad I didn't cause the leak into the intake runner wasn't bad enough to have detected it at the time and it could have caused major issues.

In my opinion it is a better idea just to replace the intake instead of repairing it so, no, I wouldn't buy a repair kit

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so no one else wants to be a guinea pig? :lol But I will let you guys know how it does, What do you guys think I could sell the 'kit' for?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts