Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Priest of the Car Gods
22,072 Posts
Aren't they the same?

If they were different, I would think the Mustang ECU would have a higher performance "tune" from the factory, as CVs are designed primarily for service duty (slight detune = much longer lifespan).

· Registered
328 Posts
The motor in my car is from a 04 CV police interceptor. There is no need to swap the ECU....actually if you did you would be making less power cause the CV ecu has a weaker tune than the mustang.....same exact motor but a different tune brings the power down to 250hp(02-up cv's). I kept my ecu and just reflashed it with a handheld and the car is a beast. going to the dyno saturday so ill finally have some #'s for it.

· Registered
1 Posts
Can I put a ecu out of a 96 or 97 model c.v(. no pats system )on my 2000mustang gt (someone stole both sets of keys )been sitting in my back yard 2years and I put a key switch in it so I have a key but theft light blinking no start just cranks

· Registered
21 Posts
no the egr is on the wrong side and other stuff is different. You can run a 96 tbrid pcm with egr disabled, that would be boss. you can get a junkyard key with chip inside and fix it in 50 minutes with 96-97 PATS. the key relearn is easy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts