Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have these? They look like the AM abs louvers and are less than half the price. I don't like them for $320 but for $150 I may get them.

Mustang Rear Window Louvers (2005-09)

Anyone have any other abs ones? I like the way the abs ones look with the spacers in the middle. Do they rattle very bad or only at high speeds (above 70).

·
Registered
691 Posts
had these on the 07 v6 i used to own. cant speak to install since they were already on the car when i bought it, but i had the car all the up to where the governor hit at 118 on more than one occasion, never had any problem with shaking. i also liked that when i washed it i could just unscrew it and take it off so i could wash my back window. pita to see out of tho, thats for sure.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
i have the AM abs louvers. i tried the aluminum ones but dear god you hear the rattle too much. i love the ABS ones tho. no issues at all and super easy to take off to clean back window

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't see myself justifying $470 on the aluminum ones. That's just too much. The abs ones were out of the question too until I found these.

Do all the aluminum ones rattle or does it depend on the brand and install?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I can't see myself justifying $470 on the aluminum ones. That's just too much. The abs ones were out of the question too until I found these.

Do all the aluminum ones rattle or does it depend on the brand and install?
with the aluminum ones i done the install and they rattled. so i took them to a buddy of mine who has put louvers on 3 of his mustangs and they still rattled. he always uses ABS so thats why i went with them finally.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I jut got a piece of rubber hose and cut it up and 3m double sided taped it in the places where it might come into contact with the window. I have drag raced with it and gone light speed and no rattles. Now if I could say the same thing about my hood. I got my louvers off ebay. AM always has ones sent back because they are bent and they sell them on ebay. I got mine fixed for 80 bucks painted for 60 and got them on ebay 130 so that saved me some dough. Try that if your not willing to spend 9000 on aluminum I just hate the look of Abs and I already have my side windows blocked so I needed to see out the back somewhere.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts