Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like I've stated before I'm soon going to get longtubes/full exhaust and have them put on, I've been reading on here that some people have been having troubles with idling and the car running rough when the long tubes are installed and need a dyno tune to fix it. My problem is theres no dyno tuners, or dyno for that matter, anywheres remotely close to where I live, and I'm wondering, if I get the long tubes put on and my car does infact start bucking and having a rough idle, will a tune from bamachips or something fix it???

My mods after the full exhaust install will be LT headers, prochamber, catback exhaust, cai, udp's, 4.10 gears, diablo sport predator tuner.

I already have the preloaded tune from the diablo predator on my car, so maybe this will help the car but I'd like to know before hand if you guys think I will run into problems???

Thanks.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just an email'd tune? or a dyno tune, because like i said before it would have to be an email'd tune as there are no dynos around where I live.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when your saying 'data logging' do you mean make a copy of your stock tune, and then put it on your computer and send it to the tuner etc etc.... I read about this but how do you go about hooking up the tuner to my computer. All that came with my diablo predator was the obd11 connector.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
those links are related to an SCT tuner, I take it for the predator its the same thing??? is the point of data logging just to visually see it on my computer? it has nothing to do with sending it to bamachips or anything right?

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
it should be the same or very close to the same thing.
it is VERY important for you to send them to your tuner.

other than that all you have is a basic tune.
(to be honest I don't know if doug does data logged tunes)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well if he didn't and I didn't but I still sent him the data log or maybe even if not, theres a thing on the website for you to fill out a form with all your mods and what not and he goes from there, I just hope that when i put the headers on that it runs fine and I don't have to deal with all this mess of ****.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ya ill try and get ahold of him tomorrow, thanks again, one last thing, to hook the predator tuner up to my computer, is there something I can get at a local electrical store or radio shack or something that will hook up to the obd2 plug and then hook into the computer???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts