Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the N/A part bedevils the whole idea of a Supercharger but I was wondering..

Anyone ever use a N/A high Lift Cam with a supercharger (twin screw or otherwise)?

I have Lunati Stage 2 High Lift N/A cams atm and while i'm getting gears soon not sure if I can ever be satisfied with the low end, thanks for the info in advance.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Some people are running mild N/A cams with superchargers but an N/A cam and a supercharger cam are different. N/A cams are designed with more overlap which allows for more exhaust scavenging. This is detrimental in boosted applications because it allows boost to escape through the exhaust system.

http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/engine/exhaustScavenging.pdf

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
There are some cars with N/A cams making similar power of blower cam cars at the same psi. A guy in my local club put down 443rwhp STD with CMS Stage 2 N/A cams and a intercooled Vortech V1 S at 9psi. There is a guy on this forum making 420's with Hitech Stage 2 N/A cams and like 8psi on a Vortech V1 S i think.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do you like your lunati cams? Your the first person that i have read who has them.
I can't really say yet, other then they sound badass. My friend who's the master of this **** (building/tuning etc) is having a ball trying to tune it becuase its a 2002 with an RYAF0 strategy that is just horrid. We bought the definitions from adam and tuning software from clint, but the def's don't have nearly enough of the "data points" (we cant log spark or fuel trims) we need to properly tune it. Its a nightmare a god damn nightmare heh. Decipha has been a help over at the tuning forums but yea its a good time.... I have a lot of stuff done which complicated the issue (TB/plenum, headers, full X-pipe exhaust, 24# injectors, obv the cams etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts