Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All-

After recently building a nice workbench for myself, I have the desire to build an extremely clean and tight-fitting setup for my single 10" Kicker woofer and Pioneer amplifier. Granted the stuff isn't the highest end or best stuff, it sounds just right for my listening needs.

With that being said, I have a pretty nice sealed 10" enclosure that I bought, but it catches on the Mach 460 rack (go figure) so it doesn't slide quite a far back as I would like.

My ideas are as follows: Leave the amp mounted to the back of the seat like I have it now, but build a new box and some kind of plate that goes over the top of it and makes it look as if it is sealed in type of thing. I would really like the woofer to not be facing straight out the back of the trunk, but just angles a touch up, so when I open the trunk it looks super clean and almost factory.

My vision is to have it right in the center of the trunk and tucked back as far as possible. I would essentially just need to make a box and the piece of wood to fit over the top of it and attach to the side of the trunk. My questions are how would I make that clean looking plate? Like how do I attach it to the box and side of the trunk so it blends in nicely and doesn't look out of place? I am obviously going to cover these things with material to match the trunk.

Any help, writeups, or pictures appreciated.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Um, anyone out there? Bump, lets see come cool ideas!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Good idea, a good custom box that both sounds good and fits good is a big undertaking. I did one to replace my extended cab truck seat with a box/seat housing two 10s and two amps, took about 12 hours to design and only 5 to build. But sounds and looks kick ass plus I put the factory seat cover on it so when someone peeks in they see nothing

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am earning to build a box that klooks fresh and clean and that fits nice.

·
Registered
207 Posts
earning? Like saving to have one built? or was that supposed to be learning? Either way good luck! Pick out what you want for sub/amp first so that you can build to fit the specs of each.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, earning, like I earn to have it. Like desire, want, etc. Not sure if its the correct spelling. I already have equipment. Kicker Comp CVR 10" woofer and an older Pioneer amp.

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
yearning*
is what he meant

to yearn is to want, need, desire, crave etc. ;)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Ah that one didn't come to mine, get it now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts