Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, im about to start a project restoring/customizing a 69 mach 1. My only probleme is, for me to be able to do what I want, i have to drop a new motor in it.
Now I was thinking maybe a 2004 gt or a 2003 cobra svt, if i could find one. But i was just wondering if:
1. Has anyone else done this?
2. Is there enough room on the 69 chasis?
3. What would be the best motor to get the maximum performance out of it easily and fairly cheap.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
while do-able the "fairly cheap" part is very scary. this WILL NOT be an easy or cheap swap, either in the initial cost of the motor & trans, or in all the support part's/electronics. best bet IMO is a carbed 351w based stroker/c-4 combo. either way good luck.

·
Registered
291 Posts
i have a magazine where a guy took an 04 terminator cobra and kept the frame but dropped a 66 mustang chassis on top of it... i dont know whether thats better or not lol but ill see if i can find it and give reference

·