Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about this for some time. So this weekend I started messing around with the extra front GT bumper I plan on using.

Here are some pics. I will update with a finished product when It happens.

I started by closing off the holes I didn't want and masking off the entire bumper area.

A little Fiberglass and Resin.

The lower extension will be trimmed after I get/install the new Coilover springs for the front. I am going with 12" 130lbs or 12" 150lbs.

Anyway, I just thought I would post something up. I know it still needs a ton of work just to get it all straight but I think it will look good.

I plan on using dzus fasteners to hold it in place. So it can be removed to load it or what not.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Constructive critasisam(SP) don't read if you have sand in your vagina:D

It reminds me so far of a crappy body kit for an import!:eek:

Have you recently watched Fast Five!:tomato

Either way good luck on the project and I hope it turns out well for you!

P.s. I have a fart can from my civic I will sell you lol.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Constructive critasisam(SP) don't read if you have sand in your vagina:D

It reminds me so far of a crappy body kit for an import!:eek:

Have you recently watched Fast Five!:tomato

Either way good luck on the project and I hope it turns out well for you!

P.s. I have a fart can from my civic I will sell you lol.
Kinda why I posted it. The bottom lip will get cut. Without it it just looks like a GT bumper with no holes. Doesnt weigh much and slides on and off with no problem. The top will be trimmed to the lower section of the bumper molding.
I am still not sure If I should keep the lower section on it or not.

Fast five? No.

And I suggest you keep the fart can for your civic.

As far as cooling I didn't think it would be that big of a problem?
You think it will be a problem? The car has twin electric fans and an electric water pump. Guess I will see.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
when we made a cardboard body kit for my friends saturn, the car got hot

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
I think it would look cool to have a GT front bumper with the 85-86 open grill like your Scott (faststang). i like how that front bar that holds the ford emblem is missing from your LX front bumper

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Not really sure how the previous owner did it, will find out when I strip paint some day. But I did see rivets on the back side of the bumper cover.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

It looked close to this before I added the 3 inch extension. except it extends to the fenderwell opening. So worst case I cut off the bottom.
Or worst case I don't use it at all. lol

I like it from the side but it looks too boxed directly from the front.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Pic for those following along.

P.S. Don't use your front bumper as a step to plut a light into the garage door opener outlet.... it's not a great idea.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
As far as cooling I didn't think it would be that big of a problem?
You think it will be a problem? The car has twin electric fans and an electric water pump. Guess I will see.
You can have all the fans you want but if you have nowhere for fresh cool air to come in you won't be able to cool the radiator. Here is a little example, next time you pull the bumper off tape a piece of cardboard over the front of your radiator and let your car idle for awhile(be sure to watch the temp gauge) and watch how fast and how hot it gets. This is basically what you will be doing by putting your custom front bumper on since there is nowhere for fresh air to get to the radiator.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts

It looked close to this before I added the 3 inch extension. except it extends to the fenderwell opening. So worst case I cut off the bottom.
Or worst case I don't use it at all. lol

I like it from the side but it looks too boxed directly from the front.
Dude, you don't have to defend your decision based on looks, unless other people's opinions hurt your feelings. Looks wise, who cares... I was just pointing out a cooling issue. And I happen to like two of the fast and furious movies. Just not the second one, and not really Tokyo drift either. But I am looking forward to seeing the 5th one... And I'm almost 32 years old!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pic for those following along.

P.S. Don't use your front bumper as a step to plut a light into the garage door opener outlet.... it's not a great idea.

Looks good!

I don't think it will make that big of a difference during or after a run. I guess maybe if I were to just drive the thing around. it may get hot, but I don't just drive it around.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Dude, you don't have to defend your decision based on looks, unless other people's opinions hurt your feelings. Looks wise, who cares... I was just pointing out a cooling issue. And I happen to like two of the fast and furious movies. Just not the second one, and not really Tokyo drift either. But I am looking forward to seeing the 5th one... And I'm almost 32 years old!
I agree the second fast and the furious sucked and Tokyo drift was Ok but it still kind of sucked, just saw the newest one a week ago....its about as good as the 4th one

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was just saying how I felt, not really trying to defend anything. I guess I didn't think it would overheat after an 1/8th or 1/4mi run.

I heard Fast Five was good.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
[/IMG]

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ah... not a daily driver. Then let 'er buck but prolly don't wanna hot lap or let it idle, lol.
Not a driver at all. lol
Guess I should have said that.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts