Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a custom cam for my turbo project. I have read recently jay allen has vanished. I sent my info to FTI going on 5 weeks ago, with no reply latley. Any other recommondations for a custom hydro roller turbo cam?

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Pretty surprised You haven't heard back from Ed. Heard nothing but good about him. I have a cam motion that I'm pretty happy with. Just make sure you get (tell them you want) a cam card with everything you need on it. Mine didn't come with valve events on it.

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
Think it had 2 firing orders, although one was only used in 69-70. But still, every cam card I've ever seen has a firing order.

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
I just looked. I can only find one for the 351, but I'm almost positive there were 2. I dunno. Oh well, it doesn't matter when the stupid turd won't drive!

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
There were two for the 302, one of which was the 351 order, but I've never heard of another 351W firing order... doesn't mean I'm right tho, hah.

I'm gonna have my junk up and running before you at the rate you're going. I mean, I know old people move slow and all...

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
Yeah, I know there were 2 for the 302. Im almost sure my Comp cam had a different order than my stock cam. Oh well. Doesn't matter.

I've been busting my ass on that pos. The T/O bearing is kicking my ass. I've updated my thread a few times lately with cussing and crying. I guess I get to pull the tranny tonight.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I orignally sent my cam worksheet on 4-17-11, then on 4-27-11 I sent an email asking if he got it. He replied right back stating that the shop was very busy, but he would get to it over the weekend. Then on 5-18-11 I sent another email just to touch base with him, but no reply yet. I guess I'll give it another week or so, then probably check with Bullet. I've heard good stuff about them also. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, I have a new Ford Racing BOSS block and fully forged rotating assembly, so I'm not worried about breaking stuff. My heads flow 262/180 @ .450 lift(close to stock .444) but at .600 they flow 315/219, so I would benifit to have the valve lift closer to the .600 mark.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
now you fuggin say that... dont matter what piece of **** gets stuck in it, it will make power. Intake runners dont line up? wastegate spring change boom 500

id still run a stock cam and 14 lbs

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
If you check out my thread...my custom cam was made for a turbo.....I have all the specs in the first post.... i have no clue if its any good though. Ill be running a supercharger next year, not sure if a supercharger and turbo work well with the same cam design. ill keep my fingers crossed

1 - 20 of 35 Posts