Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 18" FR500 wheels in silver and at the time, they have a very plain, flat black plastic center cap. I would really like to get some ustom center caps with a little bulge and roll to them to make my wheels look a bit more "high end" if you will.

I am pretty sure I will need to venture to a fabrication shop who would have to make them for me. Has anyone done this? If so, what is the best process and where to buy or get it done? Examples are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
398 Posts
if the opening is 2.5" check AM all their center caps should fit. i think the AM would look pretty sweet

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
^^^AM doesn't have the tribar pony center caps like yours do they? I don't think I saw those last time I checked...

·
Registered
398 Posts
i guess not. latemoderesto has them but not cheap. cjpony has them for $24.95 each. if u didnt give me the idea to use mine i would sell them to u for like $30 :D but i like ur idea. hey now i have some sweeet brand new O.E. ones i will sell for the rite price.

after googling...... AM used to but no longer carry those caps. they sold them for $17 each. probably why they sold out haha

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do not want a cheap looking cap. I want something clean to give my wheels more of a forged look if anyone can fathom that. The way my dad FOOSE caps look on his Nomad, thats the look I am after. Possibly something thats not completely flat, something with some curvature and style to it, possibly machined.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I do not want a cheap looking cap. I want something clean to give my wheels more of a forged look if anyone can fathom that. The way my dad FOOSE caps look on his Nomad, thats the look I am after. Possibly something thats not completely flat, something with some curvature and style to it, possibly machined.
any 2.5" cap will fit. look up some aftermarket wheels with that size cap. or get a machine shop to fab one with whatever you want on it.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I will just see what a machine shop can do for me. That will probably be the easiest/only route.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, never thought to check AM. I really like those brushed silver ones quite a bit. I am going to order 4 of those when I get back.

Thanks Fast!

·
Registered
144 Posts
go to your local decal shop, I have some stickers on mine, they got the tribar pony image off the web and made em into stickers, cost me about $20ish for 8 of em, ive washed and cleaned the wheels tons of times, no fading, or peeling off

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Na, I am going to pick those brushed aluminum caps up from AM. THey will flow much better with goal. Pat, where you been buddy it's been a while since I have heard from you.

Idk if you remember, but your car was kind of my motivation.

·
Registered
144 Posts
hah ive been around, not much new on the stang, but i got an intercooler in the works right now, ETA is a month

1 - 12 of 12 Posts