Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much would should I expect to pay to get a dual exhaust custom made for my 06 V6 including X or H pipe and mid pipe. Also, how much of a power difference is there on the X pipe over the H?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Less than $500, I have an X and have only heard that it yields more hp, but I doubt an H would be too far behind. the difference is supposed to be slightly deeper sound with the H pipe.

·
Registered
584 Posts
You're not going to notice a power difference between an H or X Pipe

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I got the GT version of the Flowmaster American Thunders couldni have a custom exhaust with an H pipe made to fit on my V6? Would it sound good?

·
Registered
584 Posts
If I got the GT version of the Flowmaster American Thunders couldni have a custom exhaust with an H pipe made to fit on my V6? Would it sound good?
Yes. I picked up a set of axelbacks from ebay, took em to my friend's exhaust shop, told him I want an H pipe and he did the rest. Everyone has a different opinion on exhaust so the best thing to do is listen to all different set-ups and find one you like. Just don't get rid of the cats, then it will sound shitty

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes. I picked up a set of axelbacks from ebay, took em to my friend's exhaust shop, told him I want an H pipe and he did the rest. Everyone has a different opinion on exhaust so the best thing to do is listen to all different set-ups and find one you like. Just don't get rid of the cats, then it will sound shitty
So if I buy the AT's I can take them to a local exhaust shop and say I want a H pipe and some midpipes to fit my car and the AT axlebacks and to keep the cats?

Would they cut my bumper for me?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm actually pretty bumped out. I went to a shop yesturday and dropped my car off for 6hrs. Told him to throw on some true duals with some flowmaster mufflers. 6hrs later I get a call saying he won't cut the bumper. Only way I can have it done there is if I purchase the GT Bumper/some aftermarket bumper =/

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn, so I gotta get a GT bumper?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
you can cut it yourself with a dremel or dye grinder and a template. its not hard. just use painters tape on the area your cutting to keep any paint from chipping off

·
Registered
584 Posts
Damn, so I gotta get a GT bumper?
You don't have to. I think it looks a lot better but you can cut the V6 bumper like T-money said. That's what I did at first

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
Cutting the bumper is easy as ****. Your shop is lazy.

Do T-Money's version.

No power difference between the H and X pipes. Just the H pipe gives a deeper tone and the X gives a more aggressive raspy tone.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anyone with the American Thunder flows on their cars with an H pipe have any information concerning drone?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
yeah its gonna drone a bit considering there is no fiberglass in the flows just exhaust channels, but i dont think it that bad. its worse in the new edges due to the muffler placement.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well are there any mufflers you'd recommend that sound good with less drone?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
i like the sound of the ford racing GTBs or factory bullitt mufflers and i think the stright cut tips look good too and are different

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You said it's not bad, right? How much louder is it over the stock with the H pipes and mids?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
well ive had my flows for a while so im used to the sound but it is significantly louder but imo its worth it. i love the sound and to me the drone isnt that bad unless youre cruising at fairly high rpms

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is it a head turning loudness? If I'm driving somewhere around a group of people and hit the gas will it be a sound that'll make them turn and say "what was that?"

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
yeah but its not obnoxious like running straight pipes or even glasspacks

1 - 20 of 23 Posts