Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I've decided to go ahead and invest in a true dual setup for my sixxer. I've been told that the setup I'm looking for (catback h-pipe, flowmaster 40's, tips, and exhaust cut-outs) should cost about $400. I was also told that a certain performance shop in my area has decent prices and does quality work. This is what they quoted me:

Complete cat back with h-pipe, Flowmaster mufflers, and tips with cutting the bumper to look like a GT will cost around $650, whoever quoted you $400 must not be giving you a price on a complete cat back, because the parts alone cost more than $400 on my end.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
well you said that they are cutting out the back bumper. that might be part of the reason. ik mine is true duals and no h pipe and glasspacks which are cheap mufflers and mine was 400ish. flowmaster 40s are pretty expensive they are like i think 80ish a piece so two of those

·
Banned
636 Posts
I had the same setup done minus cutouts and cut bumper done for $420ish. Then I switched to the best possible setup for our V6s with LTs.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
they are lying to you or charging a lot for the body work. My setup cut after the cats true duals with flowmaster 40s, a crossover bar, and expensive stainless 3in tips to fit my bumper was 435.

They are either buying a full cat back and modifying it and not doing a custom job, or over charging as all performance shops do

go to a muffler shop have one welded in with a crossover bar (not a prefabbed h-pipe) and itll be much cheaper

·
Registered
19 Posts
Labor really should not be too much over $300. I would cut your own bumper and buy your own mufflers and then just have them install it. I would imagine you would end up somewhere around 500. Thats what it should be around.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
^ya cut it yourself, that's what I may do, although I don't want to mess it up. And buy the parts yourself. Look around a lot for a good deal first though.

·
Banned
636 Posts
^ya cut it yourself, that's what I may do, although I don't want to mess it up. And buy the parts yourself. Look around a lot for a good deal first though.
Ive always wondered if you could use one of those circle sand paper grinder things to make the cutouts lol. Get a cylinder of the right size and grind away.

·
I Want A Good Speed Raping
13,304 Posts
^^ i dont know if that will work lol not saying it wont but still sounds fun let me know how that goes. lol

What year is your car?

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
there is a write up on how to do it, personally I think it looks like crap. you dont get the little lip that gt's have. Save some money and hang them below the bumper

·
Registered
19 Posts
if you take your time it looks fine. And you can get the bumper inserts or a rear valance to touch up the looks.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
I still think it looks out of place, it has an unfinished look to it. It doesnt have a finished lip, or rounded edge or anything, so I feel it always looks unfinished. just hanging the pipes below the bumper is cheaper, easier, and looks just as good if not better

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Yep, I'd agree with running it under the bumper. I wanted mine like the GT's at first, but I didn't want to cut mine and mess it up. So I'm just waiting for a GT bumper cheap because I kind of need a front and rear bumper paint job anyway.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts