Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna convert to dual exhaust to gain horsepower while spending the least money. Catback kits seem kinda pricey so I was thinking of just buying some exhaust tubing and a pair of cherry bomb glasspacks. My goal is to gain some horsepower without sounding like crap. Does anyone one know how this setup would sound on a 4.0? and if it would give me much horsepower. Also, wud i need an H pipe or could i just run 2 completely independent tubes from each cat?
Thanks for all opinions

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yea thats going to end up sounding bad.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the opinions. I don't think i have the money for flowmasters tho and my number one concern is power not sound. I do plan on getting headers and hiflow cats in a while but for now i am just looking at converting to dual. As long as it doesnt sounds decent ill b happy. But would an hpipe make it sound better than strait tubes?

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Yeah h pipe will sound better. If you don't have money for Flowmasters, save up a little more. You're not going to get very much power out of the exhaust so you might as well make it sound good the first time around.

·
Registered
305 Posts
What year is this Mustang? If its a 94-98 the money could be better spent elsewhere, and further down the road upgrade to longtubes and you'll see even more benefit from them.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha ok so i dont plan on doing glasspacks anymore. sounds like they really don't sound tht great. so what are soom good sounding mufflers for the 4.0 v6 that don't cost to much and tht flow good? and its a 2010 btw

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
You can't go wrong with Flowmasters man. They're a little pricey but I wouldn't trade mine anything else :D

·
Registered
305 Posts
I had flowmasters on my V6 and got a lot of compliments.

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
haha ok so i dont plan on doing glasspacks anymore. sounds like they really don't sound tht great. so what are soom good sounding mufflers for the 4.0 v6 that don't cost to much and tht flow good? and its a 2010 btw
well...this changes everything.

go to Americanmuscle.com and check out their axle back mufflers...i reccomend the american thunder series flowmasters for this model. Pypes violators also sound pretty decent on your year as well. :yes

·
Registered
398 Posts
if you really want power from exhaust,it won't be cheap, imo you'll need longtubes.
Indeed u are correct

To OP just mufflers will give u sound and not much power. If u are looking for power u have to pay to play. Save ur money and u will be happy when u get what u want.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts