Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys has anybody tried to make their own custom gauge cluster. I know everyone has seen the ones from flordia 5 0 that put Autometer gauges in the the factory location. The promblem is one of there kits is $500+! i just cant pay that for some gauges. . .anyway My plan is since I have a extra factory gauge cluster I will just gut it out and mount my after market gauges I already have in it. I'm doing this for a couple of reasons 1st. is that the previous owner of this ride did a shitty job on the wireing of everything so I'm redoing it all, 2nd. He mounted the gauges where the A/C controls goes ( I hate the way they look). Has anyone tried this before? My problem now is trying to figure out the layout of the gauges I have 4 gauges total- 5" tach, oil pressure, water temp, and volts. Also have a shift light. I plan on cutting the holes in the clear plastick to hold the gauges then painting it black.
Here is a little idea I came up with at 3am this morning..

and this is why I want to change everything around....bad pic I know but you can kinda see the hack job this guy did to install the gauges and the wires hanging down below them..

·
Registered
816 Posts
i would say they dont look bad there, did you see my thread on aftermarket gauges? if you want to change them around look into a trip pod gauge for the 3 smaller gauges, as long as they are 2 1/16 shouldnt have a problem finding a pod and they are pretty cheap, like 30-40 bucks

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I've been working on it all morning and so far this is what I got...I also put the A/C controls back in the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts