Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm playing with the idea of eventually swapping all my gauges out for something better looking, just because the stock setup is boring. My first thought of doing this swap is having digital gauges behind tinted plexiglass, that way when the power is off, it looks like not gauges. Yet when the power is on everything displayed is digital. I know this will take quite a bit of work but over the next 3yrs or so I plan on trying to piece everything together, since I'll be taking plenty of engineering classes, and have a few electrical engineering friends who are interested in helping. Anyone else got any ideas?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Similar, but instead of an ugly plasic bezel showing I would cut out a plexiglass piece to lay over the plasic and then tint everything black except the parts of the guages that light up. Not sure whether nightshades would work better than tint film or not. But also I would make everything light up in shades of blue as well as making sure the light level could still be adjusted as it would stock.
Where the hell did you find that? And why do you always have some answer similar to my ideas? LOL

BTW. I'm still waiting to get my exhaust done, had some unexpected school expenses that came out of no where. I've got the at2525's still waiting to be installed tho. I plan on going dual w/o any crossover pipe. Oh and now I have an annoying ass exhaust leak I need to take care of, although it's getting a little cold to work on the car.

·
Registered
443 Posts
theres a seller on ebay who does custom gauges.. they arent digital or anything but u can change the style of the numbers and add logos and what not

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Similar, but instead of an ugly plasic bezel showing I would cut out a plexiglass piece to lay over the plasic and then tint everything black except the parts of the guages that light up. Not sure whether nightshades would work better than tint film or not. But also I would make everything light up in shades of blue as well as making sure the light level could still be adjusted as it would stock.
Where the hell did you find that? And why do you always have some answer similar to my ideas? LOL

BTW. I'm still waiting to get my exhaust done, had some unexpected school expenses that came out of no where. I've got the at2525's still waiting to be installed tho. I plan on going dual w/o any crossover pipe. Oh and now I have an annoying ass exhaust leak I need to take care of, although it's getting a little cold to work on the car.
I know everything you're thinking before you think it... Aim me sir.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Share with us please.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think the ones in the pic are hideous honestly. I would like to go with a more modern look. Those remind me of Back to the Future.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts