Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a ballpark idea on how much it would cost to have a shop fab an h-pipe with removable cats?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Does anyone have a ballpark idea on how much it would cost to have a shop fab an h-pipe with removable cats?
I'm shouldn't be a lot. All they need to do is cut the cats off and weld some flanges on. I'd say should be around $100 or so. I got something similar done to my H pipe, but I got a hookup, so it was free.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
i had a guy qoute me 400$. Soooo i just went with an Pybess o/r. Ya so unless you got a hook up a shop will more than likley cost more cuz its "custom" screw that.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know a guy that has all the tools. Its great having hook-ups.:D

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
shouldnt be mutch, especially if its off the car, hell you can cut the pipe out to fit the cats in where all they have to do is weld on 6 flanges that you can buy from any autoparts store for under $5 each.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
With all the switching and unbolting you are gonna have to do to pull the cats out everytime, you could just keep the stock mid pipe around and get a good O/R mid pipe and just swap them in and out. Less bolts, less hassle, less fab work needed. Just my .02

1 - 6 of 6 Posts