Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what do you guys think something like a zr1 hood would cost to get made? where the center of the hood is cut out so you can see the top of the engine with a covering still over it? Just curious if someone might know a guesstimated # on how much you could get/build one for, there pretty sick lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
maybe use a Mach 1 hood and put the clear piece where the cut-out is? Would probably be the easiest way to do it if you can't find one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah that'd be a solid idea, but for me to justify it it would have to have my blower under it first to add to the eyecandy, i think the mach1 might have too small of a scoop area? idk i figured a custom design like with our own shape to the cut out and such like in a slightly slanted angle or something on each side and getting your own either fibreglass or just glass made specially? The mach1 hood would be alot cheaper in the long run

·
Registered
140 Posts
Personally I would do it with a cowl hood then cut the width of the s/c out and bow right in front of the hood up to it so that it's level with the s/c or so that it's just under it, then plexiglass over the top so ur engine is covered/protected, then leave a heat extractor slit right behind the engine, then angle the hood back up to the original cowl hood height at like a 45* angle, then if it a newer mustang or if you want more eye candy, LED engine bay lighting to throw some light on that s/c so it can be seen from the plexiglass opening. That'd look sick! Actually I think I just gave myself an idea.....lol

·
Registered
140 Posts
He'll if you really wanted to you could laser etch the plexiglass or w/e material and put the GT logo into it. That'd look hell a great too!

·
Registered
119 Posts
You'd have to be very careful on hood selection and where you'd put the plexi. You would either need a flat surface....and or someone who could possible manufacture the plexi with a contour to match the hood. Most hoods I'd imagine will have a small arc both side to side and front to back.

I wouldn't do it unless you could do one of the above.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts