Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i figured id make a new thread for this. im starting to get serious with the mustang again ahah.. ok here it goes

im trying to get a charge pipe built that will house a slot style MAF sensor, an 3/8npt IAT sensor, 2 AIS Methanol jets, and a 3/8" OD protruding tube for a IAC hose to attatch to. does anyone know someone that can do this? i want it to be very clean looking and i dont care if its alum or steel
here is a link to a car with something similar and i really like how straight it is.
its the pipe going to the throttle body (for those that dont know).

here is a picture of my current setup that has too many bends and nowhere to place the MAF comfortably

time to get the ball rolling.. thanks ahead of time guys..

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
best way to go perfectly strait is to cut a hole right above your ic outlet and go strait up to the throttle body.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
this is a tough pic to see cause i had so much **** in the way. you can see the pipe goes under the power pipe and threw a hole and not threw the fender.

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Just a FYI, I changed from a pipe with 6 bends to a 90 out the IC and a 70 into the TB and it made NO DIFFERENCE in power. IT looks much cleaner just dont expect to see any gains.

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Where did u get that power pipe setup bro

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a FYI, I changed from a pipe with 6 bends to a 90 out the IC and a 70 into the TB and it made NO DIFFERENCE in power. IT looks much cleaner just dont expect to see any gains.
im not looking for an increase in power from the piping. i want a new style maf and the BEST possible maf signal, which requires a nice straight piece of pipe with no bends. im also going to install 2 meth jets and an external IAT sensor before the throttle body

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
im not looking for an increase in power from the piping. i want a new style maf and the BEST possible maf signal, which requires a nice straight piece of pipe with no bends. im also going to install 2 meth jets and an external IAT sensor before the throttle body
Gotcha, just wanted to share my experience. The drivability is a ton better with the straight run.

Before. This was from the IC to the engine bay through the fender. There were two more bends after that to the MAF and TB.

After.

The 90 off the IC is at a 10-15 degree angle but that shouldnt hurt anythin, and its a straight run up to the MAF from there.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
looks nice man ya i have the factory procharger piping and its garbage

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Best thing to do is order some SS tubing and take it to a fab shop and have them weld it up the way you want it to look.

Are you looking for something like this.

Once it was welded together I sent it to a chrome shop and they smoothed out the welds before the chrome plating looks sweet as hell.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LMR just quoted me 1000$ for that ****ing pipe.. holy ****!

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Best thing to do is order some SS tubing and take it to a fab shop and have them weld it up the way you want it to look.

Are you looking for something like this.

Once it was welded together I sent it to a chrome shop and they smoothed out the welds before the chrome plating looks sweet as hell.
yea man a pipe like that i did a little editing in paint to show what i want added
this is not my car

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
you can wire your IAT into the VMP slot style

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
UnixHH, I ordered the pipe from some place off the Internet, I don't remember where, I took the pieces and the car to a fabricator and he pieced it together and welded them up.

I've got 3 - 90 degree elbows and 2 pieces of straight pipe.
Buy whatever size threaded bungs you need.
I didn't have a MAF slot welded in, it's part of my Granatelli MAF housing/filter that is attached at the end of the pipe in the fender well.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Your going to want to move your meth jets farther down stream. Where you got them is to close to the tb.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thats where rodney at AIS said i should put them

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
someone please make this for me! i have money damnit! lol

·
Registered
114 Posts
I replied on HPD... Check out Auto Adrenaline Performance on Murphy Rd... Wally and Ben do great work...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts